Fish Addicts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fish Addicts

A great place to talk fish all day long! Be it fresh water or salt water all are welcome here!

Welcome to our watery home, Thanks for joining

+15
Lost Ink
mike205
joefish72
ZekesMom
greydragon
Alowishus
H2O Nyck
williemcd
Ben
zeketaz
alan j t
Airborne
Fern
Finsandfeathers
FishVixen
19 posters

What are you doing tank related

Finsandfeathers
    Finsandfeathers
    Modorater

What are you doing tank related - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you doing tank related

Post by Finsandfeathers Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:05 am

Catching the ruby greens from 2 tanks to put in 1 to see what's what and who's who, may garage sale for a lil bit LOL need to find a couple good deals on used stuff (air pumps!!) not sure what else is going to get done past feeding them since I don't do pre 6am normally but that's another story
    Finsandfeathers
    Finsandfeathers
    Modorater

What are you doing tank related - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you doing tank related

Post by Finsandfeathers Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:55 pm

Sorted out 100 fish from the jungle dang that tank was full did make some kind of dent in them though, going to work on another tank of guppys, finish deep cleaning a few more tanks, pull some more fry from other tanks and who knows what else
    FishVixen
    FishVixen
    Modorater

Post by FishVixen Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:34 pm

Deep cleaned the 90 and daily maint.
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:51 pm

Does watching Tanked count? Laughing
    Finsandfeathers
    Finsandfeathers
    Modorater

Post by Finsandfeathers Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:55 pm

If I had cable yep it would LMAO
    ZekesMom
    ZekesMom

Post by ZekesMom Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:28 pm

searched for my wiggles i thought mom and dad eat them but i found them....soooo happy...bought food for bewbies...tried to catch the glowlites decited not to stessed mom and dad (dah!!)
    Ben
    Ben

Post by Ben Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:16 pm

So I accidently killed 2 fish tonight and put a third in trouble. Hopefully it makes it. Got in a hurry taking a few fish out of a tank and somehow put them in a bucket of straight city water with no prime or anything. Feeling like a major idiot right now.

On another note I am currently trying to move a second batch of ABN fry out of my hectic community tank.
    Finsandfeathers
    Finsandfeathers
    Modorater

Post by Finsandfeathers Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:53 am

Water changes, posting some auctions so more photos, and not sure what else, pulled free swimmers from a tank with mixed pair of angels there were quite a few considering who their roomys are
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:53 pm

Looking to see what tanks are the worst with hair algae, getting pretty darn allergic to it No Gonna do full tear downs on those tanks. Also want to see what other freshwater I can thin down.
    williemcd
    williemcd

Post by williemcd Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:54 pm

Thin down your discus tank!...LOL
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:05 pm

Laughing your cute Laughing That tank dont have a lick of hair algae in it Wink
    Finsandfeathers
    Finsandfeathers
    Modorater

Post by Finsandfeathers Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:21 am

Okay after a panic attack this morning alls good in the tanks. See gave the wet kittys some new decor and they've had a blast with it the last couple of days when I went to feed this morning not a one in the tank PANIC where in the world did they go since the only roomys are a couple girl brown bn's tipped their new toys over and they were inside BUGGERS other than that picked up a new curvi male for the lil witch since the other one did his job and she wants nothing to do with him!! Got 2 shubikins for the big water trough to keep the skeeters under control, though it was quite fun watching Turkey explain to the girls (horses) they had to share it now with his fish LOL other than that just daily stuff
    FishVixen
    FishVixen
    Modorater

Post by FishVixen Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:38 am

divided 2 55's into 3 sections each, moved 4 pairs of angels and their guppies, moved over 100 angel fry to grow out tank, Moved BNP we are keeping to one tank, angels that we are keeping moved to one tank, Put plastic under pavers around pond for weed control, Cleaned Saltwater sump, Fern brought home 3 peppermint shrimp for the salt tank. She also sold all the discus today. This was actually yesterday and today's work.
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:58 am

Doing some serious water changes and taking a load of fish down to the lfs.
    Finsandfeathers
    Finsandfeathers
    Modorater

Post by Finsandfeathers Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:33 pm

Shipping fish today, really sucks here it is Aug and have to use a heat pack to get them out of here UGH!!! then going to do some water changes and may go pick a trio of tiger barbs (one of my least favorite fish) to put in the Black Acara tank as dithers, they eat the guppys to fast LOL then some water changes and daily stuff
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:34 pm

Sitting at my desk with 3 clip on lights, safety goggles, and a pair of tweezers..... picking off zoa eating nudibranches Rolling Eyes
    ZekesMom
    ZekesMom

Post by ZekesMom Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:03 pm

set up 15gal for goldfish feeders lion not happy with frozen
    FishVixen
    FishVixen
    Modorater

Post by FishVixen Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:47 am

watch the feeders they carry lots if disease
    zeketaz
    zeketaz

Post by zeketaz Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:50 am

Well I got to clean my filter Sad it's not flowing right. Got to take some plants to the LFS and hope to get new tanks and fish soon...hubby is going to kill me :O

Then once I get the new tanks and fish got to set them up and put kribs in their own tank get some thermometers set up my 10 gall and have it ready for my angelfish fry that should go free swimming soon.
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:42 pm

running around like a headless chicken marking tanks with who goes where and all that jazz. Got lots of folks coming by to pickup their fish and reserve tanks and such
    FishVixen
    FishVixen
    Modorater

Post by FishVixen Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:25 pm

Don't even ask today 3 people coming today to pick up fish and whatever I'm just the Gopher today (to FERN)"tell me what you need I have no clue as who goes to who!!!!!!"
    zeketaz
    zeketaz

Post by zeketaz Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:18 pm

Got 1 tank up and running and residents mostly happy and the other tank is half filled lol. Had to clean house real good so hubby won't be to mad I got more tanks Shocked

And now tank 2 is set up and kribs are acclimating Smile
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:20 pm

Just helped my dad pick stock and plants for the 75g set up I am giving him and ran him through the basics, he hasn't done fish in over 20 years What are you doing tank related - Page 4 2044743960
    2 more people stopping by for fish today. Moving out the discus tomorrow.
    FishVixen
    FishVixen
    Modorater

Post by FishVixen Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:48 am

Okay today have 3 people coming by to buy fish and equipment. Going to be a LONG day because I have an ear ache and swollen glands. (no fever though). So this week need to rearrange the fishroom to fit in tht 125 (6 feet), the 240 gal (8 feet) tanks and the 120 (4 feet). The 125 will be set up on Friday.
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:24 pm

4-5 boxes of fish left today, so did a large rack, keeled over and died for a while after that. Still lots of fish moving to be done!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:19 pm