Fish Addicts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fish Addicts

A great place to talk fish all day long! Be it fresh water or salt water all are welcome here!

Welcome to our watery home, Thanks for joining

+15
Lost Ink
mike205
joefish72
ZekesMom
greydragon
Alowishus
H2O Nyck
williemcd
Ben
zeketaz
alan j t
Airborne
Fern
Finsandfeathers
FishVixen
19 posters

What are you doing tank related

williemcd
    williemcd

What are you doing tank related - Page 5 Empty Re: What are you doing tank related

Post by williemcd Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:20 pm

I accepted delivery of another 155G... swapped a 75G and a 30G w/homemade stand for the new guy. SO... had like a half hour to move 9 discus, 20 tetra's, 5 plecos, 10 cory's, 5 apistos, and all the plants in the two tanks.. Luckily I had the other 155G pretty empty for the discus and tets, a few plecos..and openings in other tanks and an idle 40G sitting around.. All while suffering from some stupid stomach flu...
    But the Discus are looking awesome in their new home!.. Bill in Va.
    FishVixen
    FishVixen
    Modorater

What are you doing tank related - Page 5 Empty Re: What are you doing tank related

Post by FishVixen Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:12 pm

Emptied 120, refilled to place Moorii in, Really storming here so may not get the 125 moved out of the garage and into the fishroom today, Still have to move 3 double stand of 55's today (maybe tomorrow). All must be done by Friday when we get the 125 set up.
    williemcd
    williemcd

Post by williemcd Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:14 pm

Vix.. ya got your work cut out for ya!.. I'm exhausted from just READING the job-list ahead!... Bill in Va.
    williemcd
    williemcd

Post by williemcd Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:16 pm

Pic of the new home of the Discus.. remember, it was set up in 1/2 hour... What are you doing tank related - Page 5 Dscn2312
    and here is my nr 1. discus showing off in his new home along with one of the pigeon's Vix left behind in Richmond.
    What are you doing tank related - Page 5 Dscn2313
    Bill in Va.
    FishVixen
    FishVixen
    Modorater

Post by FishVixen Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:19 pm

yes and I have a severe ear infection (with swollen glands but no fever)so not totally up to par. No sleep due to the pain. Getting antibiotics today.
    williemcd
    williemcd

Post by williemcd Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:25 pm

FWIW... the substrate in that 155 is a product called Safe T Sorb. A clay based product that sells at Tractor Supply for 5 bucks for 40 Lbs. It's supposed to be great for plants!... It was with great trepidation to move the discus over to that tank when it had been set up so recently. Another bone-head move I made was that I didn't examine the tank closely before filling it. The now front side has a number of distracting scratches, the now backside looks pretty pristine!..It's estimated by my neighbor who helped me hump it that the tank alone exceeds 400 lbs... !... How to flip it I have no clue!.. Bill in Va.
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:10 pm

Shoveled out some substrate and scooted the 120g and need to slide a 55h and move in the 125g.....
    zeketaz
    zeketaz

Post by zeketaz Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:29 pm

Got to do another WC in the 29. Showing ammonia and low PH affraid Then I'm going to get a power strip and take the sponge out of the 75 and put it in the 29 and try and figure out what the BLEEP is going on.
    FishVixen
    FishVixen
    Modorater

Post by FishVixen Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:44 am

Going to pick up the 125 saltwater contents at noon.
    joefish72

Post by joefish72 Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:18 pm

zeketaz wrote:Got to do another WC in the 29. Showing ammonia and low PH affraid Then I'm going to get a power strip and take the sponge out of the 75 and put it in the 29 and try and figure out what the BLEEP is going on.
    I think the amonia is from not enough bacteria in the filter so the sponge thing should work.

When you come on Saturday bring a little bag and grab some crushed shells from me. That will help buffer your tank and keep the Ph regulated. My tank shows 6KH and Ph of 7.8
    Finsandfeathers
    Finsandfeathers
    Modorater

Post by Finsandfeathers Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:59 am

This week has been CRAZY, but did get all the tanks topped off and the ponds/pools. Have no clue but a sock of all things ended in the bedroom fulu tank of course when I couldn't figure out what the heck and how the heck (figure it was Turkey helping with folding) fetching it out MuffMan + crew weren't even phased LMAO got love them. The other fulu fry are growing great. Caught the Ruby Greens spawing the other day thought I was going to die laughing the male had talked the female into spawning of all places on top of the colesium pillars their tank!! Tried to trade Tater for a wrought iron double 55 stand and the tanks had it!! that was until brother Ron got tipped off what I wanted to trade LMAO Dang so wanted to have a fishroom/house party
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:24 am

Pulling out bad hermits...

Gonna clean up the 120g and fill it with saltwater and just let it run for a while, possibly get some base rock cleaned up and in there. Gonna let that tank just run for quite a while and settle in before I do much with it.

Also gotta run to the lfs and get some coral epoxy so I can glue down my zoa colony's so my goby cant steal them anymore Rolling Eyes
    Finsandfeathers
    Finsandfeathers
    Modorater

Post by Finsandfeathers Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:54 pm

Going to get some pics post a few auctions the weather is starting to change here so don't have much time before the angels & discus have to come in (they're going to be ticked!!) going to try and sell as many as I can of the livebearers so I don't have to figure out tank space for them other than that not sure other than feeding them since the shelter frame is getting moved this afternoon and have to go to town for bunny food plus get a pedigree papers ready (way too many boys) since they are going to a show over the mountain to be sold.
    FishVixen
    FishVixen
    Modorater

Post by FishVixen Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:43 am

Dead brittle starfish in 55 sump! Slight ammonia spike. Waterchanges done.
    zeketaz
    zeketaz

Post by zeketaz Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:40 pm

Did a water change in the 29 and 20. Caught some angel fry as they were getting eaten...there are just way to many of them lol. Then tried catching the darn odessa barbs..I need a bigger net still haven't caught a single one Sad
    ZekesMom
    ZekesMom

Post by ZekesMom Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:31 pm

the salt tank is great useing abit of water replacement every day around 5gal every 2 days...every body is happy Smile bounce
    fresh 15gal got his angel today doing good with the 6 glowlites...
    williemcd
    williemcd

Post by williemcd Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:40 am

I had an unexpected sale of a full 29 today.. about 2 dozen fish had to find a new home in minutes!.. It was a bit of helter skelter around here for a while. I'm trying to get my man-cave in order before week-long house guests get here wednesday..So.. for this go-round I'm giving up on the clay substrate on the new 155G and dumping in 80-90 lbs of PFS and getting it planted tomorrow. Then dumping in some lampeye tet's to help with the cycle. (I haven't a clue why I bought the 6 of them 6 months ago!)... Bill in Va.
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:58 am

Gonna get back in the swing of things and possibly Move Fred today or do some work on the 120g
    ZekesMom
    ZekesMom

Post by ZekesMom Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:28 pm

I think we have completed our 125 gal salt with....
    100lb of live rock,live sand, long tentacle anemone, 2 bubble tip anemone, 3 feather dusters, 2 live corals, lion fish, marron clown, 2 percula clowns, 2 yellow tail damsels, 2 yellow tangs, royal grammi, fire goby, banded coral shrimp, blood shrimp,cleaner shrimp i think that is it...and they are all doing great, the last was 2 feathers,goby and grami
    ZekesMom
    ZekesMom

Post by ZekesMom Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:29 pm

water chang tomorrow on the angel tank
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:15 am

ZekesMom; 3 clowns in the same tank will more than likely fight, same with 2 yellow tangs.....

I need to figure out how to scoot the 120g across the fish room, away from the water coming up from the base board pale I get to work around an empty 55g and an empty 75g and a fully stocked 55g..... think of the bricks games where you have to move all sorts of stuff to get that one brick out... Rolling Eyes

Also need to strip the silicone out of the 90g soon so vix can reseal it (she does it prettier than me) There's a big ol gap in one of the bottom seals!
    ZekesMom
    ZekesMom

Post by ZekesMom Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:52 pm

the salt tank got a 5gal water change to lower the salt...salt out fresh in..we have added 2 dunkin coral,1 flower pot and 1 cleaner wrass..the lion is eating frozen and getting to where he ask for food Very Happy everybody is very happy and getting along..we had to coax the grammi to the rocks and he found a Very Happy home..we were getting alot of algae in there and we put in a phosphate reducing media pouch and it is getting it under control(lots of it is dieing)not all

my fresh...the angels spawned a couple of days ago and today i added a clown loach (big guy)they didnt like it but he stays out of there way,at least he trying
    FishVixen
    FishVixen
    Modorater

Post by FishVixen Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:28 pm

Just got out of hospital so not doing much with tanks. Letting Fern take care of them.
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:51 am

zekesmom.... flowerpots are pretty much an expert level coral.....

Yup I got it vixen Wink

Rinsing 40lbs of aragonite before going to work today to put in the 120g, got the salt mixed in tank now that the tanks have been all moved to their final destinations. Probably start on the rock work tomorrow. Then gotta figure out how the heck to hang the metal halide pendants... Not trusting the ceiling to hold them......
    Finsandfeathers
    Finsandfeathers
    Modorater

Post by Finsandfeathers Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:35 pm

Hope your doing better Vix!!! Nothing serious!!!

My puter was on the fritz so haven't had access for a few days hoping my sweetie can hook it so I can at least get wireless access. Other than that all the fish are good, need to do some water changes, pulling holding females after I make some room for them in the top tanks, and all that other good stuff that needs to be caught up since I worked couple days this week and will be working more days starting next month well wait not actually working volunteering to tend bar which equals a few hours of utter laughter for serving beers for tips LOL but its a great time out from life!!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:07 pm