Fish Addicts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fish Addicts

A great place to talk fish all day long! Be it fresh water or salt water all are welcome here!

Welcome to our watery home, Thanks for joining

+15
Lost Ink
mike205
joefish72
ZekesMom
greydragon
Alowishus
H2O Nyck
williemcd
Ben
zeketaz
alan j t
Airborne
Fern
Finsandfeathers
FishVixen
19 posters

What are you doing tank related

zeketaz
    zeketaz

What are you doing tank related - Page 3 Empty Re: What are you doing tank related

Post by zeketaz Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:34 pm

I'm waiting for all my fish to stop spawning so I can do a water change without freaking or stressing them out lol. 3 different spawns in less than a week they were on a roll Laughing
    FishVixen
    FishVixen
    Modorater

What are you doing tank related - Page 3 Empty Re: What are you doing tank related

Post by FishVixen Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:06 pm

Working on the saltwater set up lately. Stand completed even sealed. sump all siliconed. Holes in main tank done. Need to make a DIY overflow which I will take pics of (have the parts but need the time to do it so will probably do it tomorrow). Other than that normal tank maintenance,
    Alowishus
    Alowishus

Post by Alowishus Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:39 pm

Sequestering a holding xanthopteryx. Looks like she's got quite a mouthful.
    williemcd
    williemcd

Post by williemcd Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:57 pm

W/C on the discus tank.. receiving a rescued 13" pleco at six p.m. Bill in va
    FishVixen
    FishVixen
    Modorater

Post by FishVixen Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:30 pm

Have to glue the the fittings for the sump today. Didin't have to do the overflow the way I was thinking so is was more simple than I thought. Just attached gutter screen over a 3" reducing pipe.
    Finsandfeathers
    Finsandfeathers
    Modorater

Post by Finsandfeathers Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:28 pm

W/C's, pics of sale fish and cleaning up the stand I got yesterday for $10 with some decor, air pump just need to decide if I'm going to put the 45 or 35 on it since right now either would be a great help for tank space!! sorta leaning 35g since my black acaras like their 29g but there's just too much going on for them to settle down and spawn though they are definitely wanting too. More than likely I'll just move them & their 29g in my room since the only excitement there is sleeping and folding clothes should be more than quiet enough for them LMAO
    FishVixen
    FishVixen
    Modorater

Post by FishVixen Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:03 pm

6 tanks W/C done, 4 more to go. Moved angels fry from parents, glued all tubing for saltwater tank, Filled up the Ro bucket for the saltwater, put UV unit in the saltwater set up (not running yet but soon). All this on 5 hours sleep I'm bushed!
    Finsandfeathers
    Finsandfeathers
    Modorater

Post by Finsandfeathers Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:28 pm

Got the sp44's moved into a bigger house going to pull the extra males but since putting the castle I got with the stand in their tank its been truly entertaining watching them play "king of the castle" though keeping an eye on them just incase it turns UGLY. Working on a place/tank to stick all the extra male vics but yet to have came up with a game plan!! Now have to move the angel pair in with the buffalos since in the last 24 hours they've decided their fins are on the menu and that's what I get for taking their extra caves out in hopes they'd have to shack up in on
    FishVixen
    FishVixen
    Modorater

Post by FishVixen Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:22 pm

Got 35 gals of RO in the saltwater tank now waiting for bucket to fill again!!!!! (35 gals of RO takes forever!!!)
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:18 pm

I moved a pleco Laughing have had to juggle kids and school so that's all I have gotten done Laughing
    williemcd
    williemcd

Post by williemcd Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:12 am

That Pleco rescue turned out to be a Pacu rescue!...That's what ya get having a yankee talking to a Suthrin on a cell phone. Ya can imagine the shock that hit me when he showed up!.. All ended well and good. The guy that gave him up is now a member of the Va forum (THE FASTEST growing forum in Va. SHAMELESS plug).. See... we think outside of the "box"Laughing ... Oh... the rescuee? Of course I had to name him: BUSTER!... as in tank buster.
    What are you doing tank related - Page 3 Pacu11
    Luckily I had that 155G cycled awaiting a transfer of my discus!... Bill in Va.

Last edited by williemcd on Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:14 am

that big boy is gonna need an indoor pond!
    williemcd
    williemcd

Post by williemcd Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:19 am

Luckily, a AFU member stepped up to the plate with a home for him in a 210G. Otherwise.. it was a bit of butter/lemon/salt.. 4 minutes on each side on the grill!... Laughing Very Happy tongue
    Bill in Va.
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:30 am

Laughing
    Finsandfeathers
    Finsandfeathers
    Modorater

Post by Finsandfeathers Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:18 pm

Oh funny!!!

Todays plan is to finish moving some of the cichlids around for once not the guppys LMAO and Missy pig pen of a tank needs cleaned
    FishVixen
    FishVixen
    Modorater

Post by FishVixen Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:09 pm

Got the mud in the sump that's it so far today.
    Finsandfeathers
    Finsandfeathers
    Modorater

Post by Finsandfeathers Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:01 am

Since haven't found the mega good deal on a 55 for tbones room and he insists on having the 12g's light on I'm resetting it up for him, putting his 3 corys back in and probably a group of the irredescent cobra guppys. Painting the back of a couple more 10's (hopefully) and some water changes.
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:58 pm

I will be vacuuming a bunch of the tanks today......
    FishVixen
    FishVixen
    Modorater

Post by FishVixen Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:41 pm

Trimmed all around the pond seeing you could barely get 2 feet from it. The guy who cuts our grass was afraid he would cut the air tubing.
    Finsandfeathers
    Finsandfeathers
    Modorater

Post by Finsandfeathers Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:01 pm

Sorting and taking pics of auction/sale fish, going to go thru the HOB's in the box(s) of misc ones I have, moving the baby choco's in one of the 55's and the angel pair in that tank to a 25, setting up another 10 in Tbones room since his tarantula Moonlight passed of old age and put another breeder group of guppys in that tank that I'd like to work with.
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:38 pm

didn't do any vacuuming yesterday, went and got live rock instead! Going to the lfs to pick up a cleaner crew and possibly a zoa colony today!
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:35 am

Emergency tank move at midnight my ZEBRA PLECO TANK BLEW A SEAM affraid affraid affraid
    so slapped them into a 10g, the nearest empty tank on hand.
    I had just looked at it 10 min prior and it was fine, went to turn off the lights and its a steady drip from 4 places affraid Thank god I caught it!
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:08 am

Just fed them today... no tank leaks Rolling Eyes
    FishVixen
    FishVixen
    Modorater

Post by FishVixen Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:22 pm

Put the skimmer int the saltwater tank.
    greydragon

Post by greydragon Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:57 am

me i am taking care of about 200 baby angels cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:53 pm