Fish Addicts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fish Addicts

A great place to talk fish all day long! Be it fresh water or salt water all are welcome here!

Welcome to our watery home, Thanks for joining

+15
Lost Ink
mike205
joefish72
ZekesMom
greydragon
Alowishus
H2O Nyck
williemcd
Ben
zeketaz
alan j t
Airborne
Fern
Finsandfeathers
FishVixen
19 posters

What are you doing tank related

Finsandfeathers
    Finsandfeathers
    Modorater

What are you doing tank related - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you doing tank related

Post by Finsandfeathers Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:22 pm

Got the wading pool cleaned in between wwaayyy too much other stuff going on, not sure other than everyone getting fed what else I'm going to be able to get done today UGH Strawberry Festival Parade today, got to gather the big boys to pass out punch cards for the cab, find a place to park and all the happy bs. Do think I'll fill the pool this morning and let it sit for a few hours while everything else is going on, since it'll be in the 80's today that'll help lots.
    Finsandfeathers
    Finsandfeathers
    Modorater

What are you doing tank related - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you doing tank related

Post by Finsandfeathers Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:11 pm

Everyone's been fed a couple times with dinner yet to come, all the fancy goldys, generic goldy & koi moved to the pool now in the process of heating up the 150g for the jar babys to move out there and found the monster box filter. So took the noisy air filter I had that is for emergency use and put it out there to run it since I won't be able to hear it LOL but what can I expect from an 8 year old air pump from wallyworld. Next project after PudgyBottom gets rode will be to setup a couple of the 29's to sort guppys into for now.
    May have the Aceis sold locally (fingers crossed) then I won't have to ship them which makes me feel oodles better as they are really getting to big to ship anything less than overnight.
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:30 pm

Just feeding today and fry checking. The bn pleco fry are just now leaving the cave. The preggo goodeid female is now dropping fry so I have her in one of the breeder nets. Fixing to clean a few pre-filter sponges and that's about it!
    FishVixen
    FishVixen
    Modorater

Post by FishVixen Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:55 am

painted the background on the 60 gal for Martha to move into (when I reorganize the garage that is) water change on the young discus and angel fry tanks also the 45 in the garage which need hair algae pulled from.
    Finsandfeathers
    Finsandfeathers
    Modorater

Post by Finsandfeathers Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:03 pm

The jar babys moved to the pond today, going to pull some fry from Betty & Barneys latest batch to move into the jar or possibly the 10g in the "zone" but not overly sure that's a great idea. Think I sold the Aceis should know sometime today had to split the colony to get it done but will give me some space, otherwise got some outside stuff to do in between rain showers and of course got 1/2 the lawn mowed last night with intentions to finish today but good ol Oregon weather
    williemcd
    williemcd

Post by williemcd Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:24 pm

Moved all my inherted koi out of a pair of 29's (16 in all).. and put them in a temp pond I threw together a few days ago.. bucket bragade of 50 gallons of w/c's...Gotta get plumbing installed in the garage... Pic of the pond.... Bill What are you doing tank related - Page 2 Mypond10
    williemcd
    williemcd

Post by williemcd Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:31 pm

What are you doing tank related - Page 2 Mypond11
    williemcd
    williemcd

Post by williemcd Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:33 pm

Here is the pond the koi came from.. I bought the whole shebang for 700.. sold the two fountains for 900... Bill
    What are you doing tank related - Page 2 Dsc03010
    [img][/img]
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:29 pm

Nice looking pond bill! I will be putting mine in some time soon!
    Finsandfeathers
    Finsandfeathers
    Modorater

Post by Finsandfeathers Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:55 pm

The babys in the pond are doing AWESOME the baby discus (2) love it out there. Gotta deliver some bunnys after that going to do a bunch of water changes somehow move some fish around so the Aceis can be caught out of the 75g and they'll be easier to catch since I split the group to sell them. Oh and since I have to go to Albany going to pick up fish food Tbones a bit heavy handed feeding his fish - good thing he has rockin' filteration on his tanks and only feeds his fish twice a day
    H2O Nyck
    H2O Nyck
    Modorater

Post by H2O Nyck Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:28 pm

WOW everyone has been tank busy!!!! (and pond busy of course) I have been getting everything in order for my tanks to go a month with out water changes, as I will be having surgery, and wont be able to lift anything, also been getting ready for the local GTG at my place, seems like fun, feels like stress. LOL. but all in all, been staying home and thats about it, as it takes money to go places, lmao. Going to do a large water change in the 120 today, that will be a blast, but all in all thats what I have been up too!
    williemcd
    williemcd

What are you doing tank related - Page 2 Empty A$$es and Elbows around here...

Post by williemcd Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:03 pm

Impulse buy on 9 mbuna's and the dozen demosonia's showed up.. Had to throw together a 29 to host them.. In the middle of 25% w/c on the 75, 125 and 30.... Will get pics of the African tank up as soon as I pull a buddies 6 OB's out.. blue obliquidens
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:53 pm

Drove across town to trade my fossochromis for a female flowerhorn and a mated pair of Hypsophrys nicaraguensis. Got them tanked and happy and now I'm fixing to plant and scape a 10g for a pair of German blue rams.
    Finsandfeathers
    Finsandfeathers
    Modorater

Post by Finsandfeathers Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:56 pm

Getting fish ready for a trip in the magic box(s), catching up some from different tanks so I don't have to search for them tomorrow morning. Plus a few other countless things that need done
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:12 pm

Packing up a ton of fish for their journey to the zoo Laughing
    FishVixen
    FishVixen
    Modorater

Post by FishVixen Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:45 am

Trying to save 4 channel cats that were caught and slated for a fry pan.they were out of water for almost 2 hours and still living so I coaxed Fern to through them in my empty 55.
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:46 pm

Laughing you started with 10 Laughing

Lots of water changes in prep for the fish that will arrive tomorrow!
    Finsandfeathers
    Finsandfeathers
    Modorater

Post by Finsandfeathers Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:10 pm

Gotta haul hay and ice Lemmi but going to do some water changes - on a side note I found quite funny this morning - one invasion that was not forseen by Notradomus was South Africa invading South America LMAO

Last edited by Finsandfeathers on Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:17 pm

lol! nice!
    Just a few top offs here, dumped one batch of angel fry in the pond and should have another batch free swimming today to move out to the pond.
    zeketaz
    zeketaz

Post by zeketaz Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:56 pm

I'm pulling my hair out trying to get my tank back in line lol. Lots of water changes and I'm going What are you doing tank related - Page 2 2113965524
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:07 pm

It will be fine Zeke, You have local support Laughing
    zeketaz
    zeketaz

Post by zeketaz Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:11 pm

I got to do another water change right now. Getting reading of ammonia looks like it's 1.5 and getting trace reading of nitrite...
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:13 pm

You want a touch of ammonia for the bacteria to feed on that's why I have you only doing a 25% water change. Just dont let it get to 2
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:14 pm

I'm packing up some plants now for shipping out tomorrow.
    Finsandfeathers
    Finsandfeathers
    Modorater

Post by Finsandfeathers Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:45 pm

Well everyones been a bit quiet or did we all just go on hiatus at the same time. So here's what's going on in the zoo: working on setting up a couple of 20 longs with dividers with the intentions of using them each specifically for one species of Vics and the few assorted africans since the fry will definitely look different. All the "nursery" babys have moved out so time to go around angel tanks and gather a bunch of youngsters to grow out. And of course the infamous never ending water changes LOL

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:40 pm