Fish Addicts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fish Addicts

A great place to talk fish all day long! Be it fresh water or salt water all are welcome here!

Welcome to our watery home, Thanks for joining

+4
Fern
FishVixen
zeketaz
thatbettaglo
8 posters

Rams... Never gonna guess where!!!

thatbettaglo
    thatbettaglo

Rams... Never gonna guess where!!! Empty Rams... Never gonna guess where!!!

Post by thatbettaglo Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:12 pm

@ the Petsupermarket on 41 in North Ft. Myers!!! They have a nice variety and a wide variety:

Gold Rams
    German Blue Rams
    Long fin Gold Rams
    Long fin GBR

Available in both males and females and the stock looked pretty healthy when I went.

Just letting everyone local know incase they want to play with breeding stocks. Only down side is that they are selling for $14.95.
    zeketaz
    zeketaz

Rams... Never gonna guess where!!! Empty Re: Rams... Never gonna guess where!!!

Post by zeketaz Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:15 pm

AWWWWWwwwwwwwww that's such a tease lol. Steep price for them though I think or is it?
    thatbettaglo
    thatbettaglo

Post by thatbettaglo Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:33 pm

Thats what I thought too. They were selling the short fins for the same price. I actually bought my male from them for that amount a month or so ago. The golds are actually a good, probably adult, size. max out at 3.5" including tail. I will have to get some pics when I go back tomm.
    FishVixen
    FishVixen
    Modorater

Post by FishVixen Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:39 am

Remember to watch for ich coming from their.
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:59 am

Yaa that store is rife with disease.... If you are wanting to breed them you would want them smaller, they breed the best between 6-12 months old.
    That's fairly expensive too. If you want good rams look for Joe Gargas on aquabid, seen his place and he has very good quality, vix has 2 golds from him.
    thatbettaglo
    thatbettaglo

Post by thatbettaglo Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:07 am

Not interested, just saying. I was surprised to see GBR's such as them in a chain store.
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:32 am

Ya, that one does carry some of the more interesting fish, for a chain store.

williemcd
    williemcd

Post by williemcd Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:53 am

I attended an auction sponsored by a pretty successfull fish club just outside of DC. There I picked up 5 GBR's for 18.00. This weekend the ACA convention is in D.C. with a monster auction (from what I've heard) on Sunday. I'll be on the lookout for any Rams and Apisto's. And of course some Discus. Bill in Va.
    zeketaz
    zeketaz

Post by zeketaz Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:59 am

Wow I wana go lol. Pics must see pics rams are awesome little fish
    Barnacle
    Barnacle

Post by Barnacle Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:43 pm

They've been given a lot of encouragement to get better fish(by me personally of course).The best deal they have is the big spot Texas cichlids.They are so nice-4.99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    zeketaz
    zeketaz

Post by zeketaz Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:46 pm

Great price considering the meds you may end up needing to give them if they are sick lol
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:55 pm

I ripped them a new one when I got their buy one get one neon tetras quite a while back and pretty much lost my whole 75g tank worth of fish from ich AND neon tetra disease! I found boardroom after that and now I dont buy any where else.
    zeketaz
    zeketaz

Post by zeketaz Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:15 pm

ROFL that's awesome well not awesome you lost your fish but awesome you tore them a new one...and now you even work where ya shop
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:28 pm

Laughing I know Laughing I tend to do that when a store sells me sick fish that kill off most of my fish
    chrisb01
    chrisb01

Post by chrisb01 Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:58 am

I'm surprised at that price. PetSupermarket here in Lakeland sells them for $6.99 each.
    I'm friends with the manager here. A few months ago I brought a pair of mated Angelfish and they gave me 8 Blue Rams in exchange.
    greydragon

Post by greydragon Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:50 am

that is why i always put my new fish into qt tanks for 1 month well time if they get sick the 1 month starts when they get well had a pearl Gourami in qt for over 6 months before i finally got her better
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:38 pm

Yup I learned my lesson on QTing fish
    FishVixen
    FishVixen
    Modorater

Post by FishVixen Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:45 pm

QT is really the way to go with any fish.
    zeketaz
    zeketaz

Post by zeketaz Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:42 am

Well went to check them out and they were all sold out

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:53 am