Fish Addicts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fish Addicts

A great place to talk fish all day long! Be it fresh water or salt water all are welcome here!

Welcome to our watery home, Thanks for joining

2 posters

Pondering rams.

Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Pondering rams. Empty Pondering rams.

Post by Fern Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:00 pm

I am looking to at some point get some Bolivian rams and some German blue rams. What is the proper tank size for 6 of each fish till they pair. What is a good tank size for a breeding pair of each?
    dano
    dano

Pondering rams. Empty Re: Pondering rams.

Post by dano Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:02 pm

I kept 6 in a 20 long (good filtration and water quality) and when a pair bonded I moved them to a 10 gallon with a sponge filter and all the other goodies.....Moved the parents after the fry started swimming.........Did all my other SA Dwarf Cichlids pretty much the same way.......Kept baby brine shrimp hatching during whole time to feed fry.....Micro worms are good too if you can keep them going.

Be real picky when selecting Rams....If you can get them bred in the US (guaranteed not from Asia) you will do better....If you order online, be sure to specify this.....One can find good Asian fish, but you got to be really picky.
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:09 pm

Thank you that is exactly what I needed to know!
    20 longs and 10g's I have an abundance of!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:32 pm