Fish Addicts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fish Addicts

A great place to talk fish all day long! Be it fresh water or salt water all are welcome here!

Welcome to our watery home, Thanks for joining

+15
Lost Ink
mike205
joefish72
ZekesMom
greydragon
Alowishus
H2O Nyck
williemcd
Ben
zeketaz
alan j t
Airborne
Fern
Finsandfeathers
FishVixen
19 posters

What are you doing tank related

Fern
    Fern
    Admin

What are you doing tank related - Page 8 Empty Re: What are you doing tank related

Post by Fern Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:28 pm

Picked up 8 more various corys and a bunch more plants for my dads tank, also got a bunch of live blackworms and we all watched the show!
    Finsandfeathers
    Finsandfeathers
    Modorater

What are you doing tank related - Page 8 Empty Re: What are you doing tank related

Post by Finsandfeathers Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:53 pm

Call me the "cichlid bleeding heart" LOL went to my lfs to see if uaru were on the incoming/available list and came home with 3 lil thomasi couldn't stand to see them still there so Jaws is now officially ticked off at me he's never had to share his tank with anyone but his girl & kids!!! Need to thin the boys out in the Labeo tank not that they are axe murderers just a whole lot of flaring at each other going on (woosys) so figure if I sell off 5 of the big guys things will get back to a dull roar and I'll get some spawning action again though there's been some since there's baby (1"+) aceis & labeos. The lil B's are doing quite well in with the trio of sp44's LMAO I'm a tad amazed actually, still have a few extra males of them to find new living arrangements, so there's todays highlights
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:52 pm

Been running around with the measuring tape trying to figure out if I can upgrade Fred and possibly go with a diffrent sized tank for the reef instead of the 120g tall, looks like I can fit a 225g reef and maybe squeeze in a 150g for Fred to live in......
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:44 pm

going through the leftover fish stuff seeing what to keep and what to sell off....
    Finsandfeathers
    Finsandfeathers
    Modorater

Post by Finsandfeathers Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:16 pm

After giving myself a blazingly wonderful headache trying to figure out where to put extra male african stock and have only came up with one plan figure they're fast enough to get away from Missy and she's simply to darn fat to catch them. Thus since she's always been the queen beotch of the tanks they're moving in with her!! That'll piss her off having share her tank.

Shuffled some fish last night to make a tank available for a holding female. Looks like my swordtails have already been quite busy LOL 2 of the females look to be prego YAY!!!
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:57 pm

Had to spray the house with bug spray today so that meant big water changes on all the tanks...... back is killing me from toting that much water! Must make a bigger water change doohickey with a much bigger pump on it so I dont have to lift any more buckets.....My old water change doohickey just dint have the power and it wasn't long enough to reach from the RO to the tanks......
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:08 pm

Finally got my phosban reactor running on my 55g salt, still need to come up with a ball valve for it, the pump is just a hair too strong for it.
    Got the sump out from under the 120g and got the miracle mud scraped out and put in the 20g long refugium and got it put back, gotta figure out which protein skimmer I'm gonna use on that. Gotta see if I have enough tubing to hook up the return pump to it.
    Then I get to see how ghetto I really want to go on the lighting considering this is pretty much going to be a temp tank till I get the 225g in and the stand built for it.
    My hubby informed me he wants to keep the reef by the front door so I get to play musical tanks with the 55g its gonna get dumped into the 120g and then end up in the big boy.
    mike205

Post by mike205 Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:26 am

its been awhile since i posted here so just want to let yall know what ive been up to
    sold all my tanks but two my 210g and a 29g which is my fry tank
    in my 210g i sold all my mpimbwe frontosa and now i have tropheus murago's (green) in it now also have these in with them
    neo. brichardi's (pair)
    albino brichardi's (pair)
    F1 yellow leleupi's (pair)
    some blue loaches and some clown loaches ranging from 4 to 8 inches

just wanted you all to know whats been goin on
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:25 pm

Sounds like a nice mix!

Not that the PVC glue has had 24hrs dry time I get to finish the plumbing on the 120g and hopefully it will be running today! Still figuring out the lighting, thinking I am going extra ghetto and going to make a tall frag rack for the corals to sit on so I can skip the metal halides.
    Got my 33g long dropped off at a buddys to get turned into a sump for the 125g, then I can get that ugly POS sump that on it now gone cheers and I will finally have the much needed refugium on there!
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:56 pm

Got my phosphate reactor set up on the 120g.
    Working on beefing up my water change thingy, changing out the maxi jet that's on it for a mag drive 5, should move the water a lot faster!
    Finsandfeathers
    Finsandfeathers
    Modorater

Post by Finsandfeathers Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:35 pm

Need to catch up on some water changes, running out of tank space that's all there is to it LOL so think that I'm just going to wholesale out a bunch of guppies. Have Jaws & Lil Woman fry coming up along with I'm fairly sure I've managed to spawn my A.thomasi thus did a massive quick rearrange to leave the fry in the tank they were hatched and moved the parents. Needless to say Jaws is PO'D he's not been moved from "his" tank since he moved in!! Gotta pull a couple holding females after getting some of the water changes done think that's highlights for today
    williemcd
    williemcd

Post by williemcd Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:35 pm

Did about 100G of water changes today.. WITH a 2G refill bucket!..Pulled 100 or so Angel fry from the community to the fry-tank.. Going to be schlepping a 75G a friend picked up later today... I;m glad I'm unemployed!.. Bill in Va.
    zeketaz
    zeketaz

Post by zeketaz Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:56 pm

I pulled all my fish out of Q and put them in the 75. Then took the new angels mom got and put them in Q and am mediacting them for all sorts of stuff as they had yuckies and the tanks around them were covered in ick.
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:54 pm

Doing a 30g ish water change on the 120g and hopefully I will beable to start moving the stuff from the 55g into it, still working on the logistics of it though.... fish first? Rock first? The coral on plugs will probably land in the refugium till the rockwork is set..... and then theres the rose bubble tip anemone wandering around in the 120g that I gotta watch out for....
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:26 pm

I got the bright idea to change out the sump on the 125g salt Suspect
    Got my 33g long tank retro-ed into a nice sump but changing sumps is no fun at all!
    Finsandfeathers
    Finsandfeathers
    Modorater

Post by Finsandfeathers Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:51 pm

Need to catch the rest of the fry out of Betty & Barney's tank, the fry from Jaws & Lil Woman are growing like weeds. Got some other new fry YAY!!!!! Have some water changes to do, auctions to post, etc..... in between a few other things today like tending bar (should be rocking love to work the Poker Runs!)
    zeketaz
    zeketaz

Post by zeketaz Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:10 pm

Did a few water changes, medicated new fish in Q. Now looking for divider stuff. Not sure if I want to go with the plastic stuff or sponge stuff. Might get both as I need to divide more than 1 tank...
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:02 pm

picking and moving rock....
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:04 pm

Getting my skimmer hooked up for the 120g today, hopefully will get the fish moved over to the 120g today
    Lost Ink
    Lost Ink

Post by Lost Ink Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:56 pm

Good luck fern. I have to do a water change on the last tank I have today. That should take a few min at least.
    zeketaz
    zeketaz

Post by zeketaz Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:54 pm

I just got some SS/SS+ CRS/CBS Twisted Evil So far all is good. Can't wait to get babies. Hope they don't crossbreed with my mutt shrimp.
    crw.npt
    crw.npt

Post by crw.npt Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:05 pm

Silly, if you don't want them to crossbreed, don't put 'em in the same tank Wink

I just picked some free glass, gonna make me a nice long, narrow tank. Anyone know of any good glass cutters local??
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:36 pm

Yes I do I will PM you his #
    zeketaz
    zeketaz

Post by zeketaz Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:41 pm

Oh Charlie you think them being mixed is bad..LOL I have them in my "shrimp tank" with my dwarf puffers, angelfish, super orange shrimp from Joe, and my mutt red cherry/blue tiger monster mixes. I only have 1 CBS and need to get more for it then move it to my CPO tank.

This seems to be the only tank I can keep shrimp alive in to..ugh
    Finsandfeathers
    Finsandfeathers
    Modorater

Post by Finsandfeathers Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:05 am

Water changes, fish acclimated, rearrange, etc.....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:06 am