Fish Addicts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fish Addicts

A great place to talk fish all day long! Be it fresh water or salt water all are welcome here!

Welcome to our watery home, Thanks for joining

+15
Lost Ink
mike205
joefish72
ZekesMom
greydragon
Alowishus
H2O Nyck
williemcd
Ben
zeketaz
alan j t
Airborne
Fern
Finsandfeathers
FishVixen
19 posters

What are you doing tank related

Fern
    Fern
    Admin

What are you doing tank related - Page 9 Empty Re: What are you doing tank related

Post by Fern Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:22 am

I'm gonna get the 55g gutted today I swear I am!
    Oliphant

What are you doing tank related - Page 9 Empty Re: What are you doing tank related

Post by Oliphant Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:30 am

I think I may try and figure out what to do with my empty 10 gallon. Ideas are welcome. Nothing that will break the bank.
    zeketaz
    zeketaz

Post by zeketaz Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:37 am

Go planted with some shrimp and dwarf rasboras, other small danios, glo fish. With a nice piece of driftwood
    Oliphant

Post by Oliphant Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:52 am

Yeah I was thinking shrimp. Maybe some celestial pearl danios to.
    crw.npt
    crw.npt

Post by crw.npt Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:05 pm

Never said it was bad, just said if you don't want 'em to crossbreed don't put 'em in the same tank. Very Happy But I totally understand about only being able to keep things alive in certain tanks. Had it happen to me more than a few times.

Oh and if I get this tank built, it will be a 15 long, 36x10x10. Kind of a nice size and shape.
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:27 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers ALL DONE cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
    I got everything out of the 55g and into the 120g
    Finsandfeathers
    Finsandfeathers
    Modorater

Post by Finsandfeathers Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:28 pm

Got auctions posted still have a few to go trying to make room LMAO yeah I'm always saying that. Topping off a few tanks that's about it today since I have a few other irons in the fire

Trying a new "Marina Breeder Box & Holding Tank", hangs on the outside of the tank, hook up an airline so water flows thru kinda looks like a HOB, anyways it ROCKS!!!! loving it, helps in so many ways. Going to get me 2 or 3 more, sure beats having to set up an extra tank in emergency or trying to figure out where to put one
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:33 pm

I just moved the 4' x 8' plywood heavy as heck sump out of the garage into the driveway What are you doing tank related - Page 9 2113965524 all by myself!
    Now to finish draining the 240g so I can finagle it closer to the garage door.
    Then I get to re-stuff the garage......
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:29 pm

and gave Fred a big water change, drained his tank down to where he was just barely under water with him sitting upright Laughing and he was cool with it!
    Gave the 125g salt a good vacuuming and 30g waterchange, also moved the rest of the macro from the 55g into its sump.
    Hit the 120g reef with dried phytoplankton and moved a few corals into better spots.
    Finsandfeathers
    Finsandfeathers
    Modorater

Post by Finsandfeathers Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:26 pm

Shipping guppy fry, water changes, pics, and who knows what else since for the first time in weeks don't have anything pertinent place to be today YAY!!!! Going to try and get a pic of Jaws & Lil Woman since I have quite a few youngsters coming up that are already eraser size and not going to have much room for them here soon without setting up a tank thus going to sell a couple groups soon as they hit dime size
    zeketaz
    zeketaz

Post by zeketaz Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:45 pm

I am taking pics of all my tanks since I am doing a major plant change here soon. Also tried catching my angel fry Sad Only caught 6..think the stupid guppies got hold of the rest, so guppies are going to be leaving my 75 real soon lol. Also have to do water changes in the 75 and 20 and 5..already did the 29.
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:16 pm

Bring the guppies to the meeting, I'm sure someone will want them!
    williemcd
    williemcd

Post by williemcd Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:42 pm

Hmmm.. moved 60 angel fry to a bigger tank.. did 20% w/c's on 2 - 155's, and a 125...BY BUCKET BRIGAGDE!..
    What are you doing tank related - Page 9 Runnni11

Bill in Va.
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:50 pm

I am scheming... and planning.... and walking around with the tape measure.......because....... I'm getting another 210g cheers
    williemcd
    williemcd

Post by williemcd Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:17 pm

Jill, Jill, Jill.. that tank is one too many!.. I'll be down to take it off your hands soon.. Bill in va.
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:37 pm

Laughing yup sure you will! I'm down a lot of tanks lol
    Finsandfeathers
    Finsandfeathers
    Modorater

Post by Finsandfeathers Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:55 pm

Had to run get a heater at Wallyworld to hold me over until I can get to the lfs. Sold some more guppies, working on a rack to hold 3 20's for my test research project which means the kitty & fulus house will have to move. Need to sell a few more of the L.Curviceps since there's a new batch of fry, water changes on a few tanks, the Jaws & Lil Woman babies are growing like weeds did try something different this time as far as that goes and worked so well I'll probably be doing that again (little experiment that worked!!!!!)
    Finsandfeathers
    Finsandfeathers
    Modorater

Post by Finsandfeathers Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:19 pm

Getting some pics today!!! Well trying LMAO figure its about time to show some pics since I haven't posted any in forever and all this talk of the infamous Jaws for the last couple years I'm going to toss him in the pic tank to get one of him!! Have bandages ready as its never good messing with him, should have gotten a wolf cichlid LOL!!!!!
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:23 am

I get to clean the fish room affraid
    gotta have room for all the tank maneuvers that will be going on soon. I will have the stands for both 210g's here soon.... and hopefully the 2nd 210g will get here sometime soon.

zeketaz
    zeketaz

Post by zeketaz Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:07 pm

Got the puffers taken out of the 20 and took the shrimp and fish out of the 5 gallon. Moved the puffers to the 5 gallon and shrimp and fish to the 20 gallon. Took out the rasboras from the 20 gallon and put them in the 75g. Can't catch the tinwini danios to move them... Waiting for Mocha and Lattes wigglers to go free swimming to I can put them in the awesome breeder box. Once that is done going to move them to my moms house. I have to get down my totes so I can bring everything from their tank and fresh water to set them up.

Going to be a pain, but they are my babies and I will be doing all water changes and everything. Will tote fresh water from my house to hers every week.

And as I'm typing the dude that wanted the puffers showed up and now they are gone cheers Best part is I sold them for more than I bought them.
    Finsandfeathers
    Finsandfeathers
    Modorater

Post by Finsandfeathers Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:22 pm

Shipping fish, rearranging others, some water changes, inventory since never thought I'd say this but I'm low on guppies!!!!!! Baby chocolates are moving to bigger housing and Missy is getting a couple more roomies after that I'm not sure since the sun is out here and must take advantage of it
    zeketaz
    zeketaz

Post by zeketaz Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:51 am

Emptied 5 gallon and cleaned it out. Going to siphon Mocha and Lattes babies into it then start the tank tear down and move. Going to do small water changes on the 10 gal fry tank, shrimp tank and just adding water to the 75 for now and hope I don't stress Stripes and Glisten so they don't eat their babies.

Off to my moms to grab buckets yippie...not
    zeketaz
    zeketaz

Post by zeketaz Thu May 03, 2012 5:44 pm

Got my 20 gallon shrimp tank moved inside. Put all baby angels in the 29 gallon. Emptied the 10 and 5.

Monday will be a busy day. Have to totally tear it down to move it. The 75 will be getting a nice big water change that day.
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Fri May 04, 2012 11:28 am

Moving that 75g wont be as bad as you think! And I found the under gravel filter so we can put that in so you can maybe get fry from your khulies (cant spell today) At least you will have my help!!!!
    zeketaz
    zeketaz

Post by zeketaz Fri May 04, 2012 12:19 pm

It's not the moving it that's going to be time consuming it's the catching the fish and shrimp lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:05 pm