Fish Addicts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fish Addicts

A great place to talk fish all day long! Be it fresh water or salt water all are welcome here!

Welcome to our watery home, Thanks for joining

+15
Lost Ink
mike205
joefish72
ZekesMom
greydragon
Alowishus
H2O Nyck
williemcd
Ben
zeketaz
alan j t
Airborne
Fern
Finsandfeathers
FishVixen
19 posters

What are you doing tank related

FishVixen
    FishVixen
    Modorater

What are you doing tank related Empty What are you doing tank related

Post by FishVixen Wed May 25, 2011 11:36 am

Use this thread to jot down anything you do to your tanks sort of like a journal. Good way to keep track of what's happening in your tanks and you can look up when you did something.

I'll start with yesterday moved the 125 africans to the 55, moved the Moorii to the 125 so we can drain the sump soon, red koi have wigglers, jax and jazz wiggler, Water cahge (deep clean) 90 and 120. moved all discus to 120 moved angels to 90.

today put a AC70 on the 125, pulled hair algae from the 45,
    Finsandfeathers
    Finsandfeathers
    Modorater

What are you doing tank related Empty Re: What are you doing tank related

Post by Finsandfeathers Wed May 25, 2011 11:45 am

Uhm - where to start - water changes water changes water changes!!! Been bustin my tail outside moving the loads of "wood chips". Need to deep clean the 1 29 then move the Ports in there, catch as many as possible of the kribs to put in the 35g under the one 55g, move / sort the other guppys and platys in another of the 35's and put the Fulus in there so I can see MuffMan under lights!!!! Hoping the weather levels off some more then the Koi can move outside since the tank they are holding/qt'ing in is needed for a new batch of Betty & Barney kids. Okay there's the highlights!!!
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Wed May 25, 2011 9:13 pm

I did absolutely nothing today! I decided this morning that I was on strike for the day What are you doing tank related 2044743960
    Finsandfeathers
    Finsandfeathers
    Modorater

Post by Finsandfeathers Fri May 27, 2011 4:24 am

The last few days have been crazy working outside!!! Tonight got the baby discus tank water changed, topped off some tanks, if it keeps raining here should be able to get caught up. Want to get the rest of the fish I'd like to swap around done and something keeps coming up that it doesn't UGH the aceis looked so awesome under the lights that if I don't sell them they'll move into a tank with one other species that they won't hybridize with.
    Going to move the fancy goldys to the their other "patio pond" so I can heat up the 150g for a summer experiment - think that's everything. Don't know for sure if I'm going to put Turkey's koi in with them though they are small currently so would work for this summer but darn sure not next.
    The holiday weekend is going to help me get caught up a bit on the wood chips deliveries (gotta tell you my shoulder hurts like a dirty rotten &^%$#^&^%$)
    Finsandfeathers
    Finsandfeathers
    Modorater

Post by Finsandfeathers Fri May 27, 2011 4:27 am

Oh and got to get some pics of the sevs they maybe taking a trip to Portland when I get my next shipment from Fern and she gets her next one on the way to here
    Airborne
    Airborne

Post by Airborne Fri May 27, 2011 8:44 am

Hmmm lets see cleaned out my protein skimmer rearranged my live rock put 3 crabs in my refuguim to clean up the green algae spot fed the polyops added the carpet green anemone last nite and checked my salinty, nitrates, nitrites, ammonia and ph also cleaned my chillers filter
    alan j t
    alan j t

Post by alan j t Fri May 27, 2011 1:24 pm

water changes today.feeding, trying to move some plecos today.
    the reg stuff
    Finsandfeathers
    Finsandfeathers
    Modorater

Post by Finsandfeathers Sat May 28, 2011 4:02 pm

Well everyone got breakfast, the fry will be getting brunch soon. Baby discus are growing like lil' weeds!!! they are looking really nice. Going to try and setup up a couple sale tanks at JoJo's since I've been working outside alot then I'll move lots of the female & male guppys into them along with another tank for the extra kribs and run a sale to try and get rid of a rear end load of them. Been so busy with other stuff haven't had a chance to get the breeding/sale room started.

Gotta pick up possibly some bunny cages later and go look at a new man for the girl mini rex's along with getting tbone signed up for fair, he's not excited which I think is due to his "Izzy" being a casualty of the dog attack so I offered up a couple of my "cream of the crop" will win in the big open shows bunnys to use so call me bad but with the ones I'm letting him use he's got a HUGE chance of Best of Breed along with a Best in Show
    FishVixen
    FishVixen
    Modorater

Post by FishVixen Sat May 28, 2011 5:51 pm

Water changes on the betta tanks, Waiting for Fern to see if she get the medication for the camallanus worms. (need enough to treat 2000 Gals yikes!)
    zeketaz
    zeketaz

Post by zeketaz Sat May 28, 2011 6:32 pm

Did a big w/c cause it was needed. Plugged my UV sterilizer back in and it sounds like it's dying. Now my water is looking cloudy yay me lol
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Sat May 28, 2011 6:55 pm

have the tanks on lock down due to camallanus worms, spotted on 2 angels Evil or Very Mad Nothing comes in nothing goes out Evil or Very Mad
    Hunted down the Levamisole HCL needed to treat it and will be going on a road trip this weekend for it.
    Got to call all pending orders and figure out if they want me to ship or wait and treat.
    I am assuming it is in all my tanks and will treat as such, stupid worms are so dang contagious and transferable that I am just assuming the worst Evil or Very Mad I think if I lost my higher end fish I would just throw in the towel and I really don't want to play with it, I just want to nuke it now and be done with it!
    Again folks be very very careful buying new fish, qt for 2-3 months.....
    FishVixen
    FishVixen
    Modorater

Post by FishVixen Sun May 29, 2011 8:48 pm

well today moved fish around so we can treat less gallons of fish, will be going on a road trip (about 1.5 - 2 hours) to get the Levamisole HCL. Will get what we can than on the 3rd buy more meds. GGRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Crying or Very sad
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Sun May 29, 2011 10:40 pm

Yaaaa try 4 hrs round trip..... And we gotta get up at 8am Sad
    FishVixen
    FishVixen
    Modorater

Post by FishVixen Sun May 29, 2011 11:28 pm

2 hours up 2 hours back a look around and holiday traffic we'll be gone all day! affraid
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Mon May 30, 2011 8:34 pm

Not too bad of a drive and very very worth it! Got the meds and some awesome advice! Was also very very bad and picked up 10 dime sized super red discus What are you doing tank related 2774444739 saw the adults and I just couldn't help myself What are you doing tank related 3925848005

Any how just ripped all the plants out of the sump and tossed them in various tanks so they will get medicated too. Gotta wait for the massive cloud of detritus to settle so I can get in there and fish out all the moorii fry.... get them tossed into the 45g long for treatment and then the sump system will be truly decommissioned to strip and paint at out leisure.

Probably tear down the fluval chi 5g tank and bleach it all and let it sun dry for a week or two like the other tanks that I am decommissioning to save $ on meds by consolidating fish and knocking the gallon count down as much as reasonable possible.
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Tue May 31, 2011 11:12 am

Shoveling dirt and sand out of the sump today....
    Finsandfeathers
    Finsandfeathers
    Modorater

Post by Finsandfeathers Tue May 31, 2011 1:03 pm

UHM don't really know LOL probably lots since its raining outside. So with that said water changes, sorting livebearers, pics of groups & auctions besides feeding.
    Ben
    Ben

Post by Ben Tue May 31, 2011 7:36 pm

Purchased a 125 today and will pick it up this week/weekend. Will be swaping fish around in the garage tanks because Im going to get rid of one of those tanks.
    Finsandfeathers
    Finsandfeathers
    Modorater

Post by Finsandfeathers Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:16 pm

Didn't get squat done as I intended since it was raining outside today!!! Have to set up the 45g tall sooner than expected since the curviceps have decided to spawn they just couldn't wait until the babys were over qt
    FishVixen
    FishVixen
    Modorater

Post by FishVixen Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:19 am

All tanks were treated for worms last night so now the 48 hour black out! (light sensitive medication)
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:16 am

Now the empty tank and equipment bleaching Neutral
    FishVixen
    FishVixen
    Modorater

Post by FishVixen Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:17 pm

GGRRRRR!!!!!!!!! I'm TIRED! LOL
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:51 pm

Me too What are you doing tank related 2150051523
    Finsandfeathers
    Finsandfeathers
    Modorater

Post by Finsandfeathers Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:35 pm

Well think I'm fixing to have a brain fart / light bulb went on but not sure if its going to work moment LOL really need to kick some fish out to the pond to make room to shuffle which still hasn't gotten done!! Thus going to heat up the wading pool today since it's not in direct sunlight (it's on the patio behind the fence), toss some caves in there, put one of the lunker plecs in there, put the ALL the kribs in the one tank out there and let them have at it. Will just need to go get some duckweed or something for a bit extra cover. Really wanted to heat the 150g pond up but the wading pool has more floor space may still heat the 150g later to toss some angels out to grow for the summer & fall anyways that's kinda what's going to happen
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:11 pm

Did the marathon tank vacuuming last night so that the lights could be turned back on, only a few plants are worse for wear....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:54 pm