Fish Addicts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fish Addicts

A great place to talk fish all day long! Be it fresh water or salt water all are welcome here!

Welcome to our watery home, Thanks for joining

4 posters

Dwarf Cichlid tank.

williemcd
    williemcd

Dwarf Cichlid tank. Empty Dwarf Cichlid tank.

Post by williemcd Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:34 am

Since I'm going to put off Discus until I feel I am a ton more experienced (maybe next week...<grin>) I am going to set up a 55 for a community of dwarf cichlids. I've done a bit of research and have come up with a short list but by no means complete. Criticism or atta-boy's are encouraged. Kribs of course.. prob a total of 4, Gold Rams or German Blues,agassiz... Umbrella Apisto, Nanna Anomala, West African Dwarf? and a Flag. The West Af is kind of out of the genre of the rest and the Umbrella is kin to the Agassiz but just like the color variation. I realize I can't buy them all but will be picking prob 3 different dwarfs for the community tank. I think I've picked the least aggressive cichlids I could find but only used two sources and didn't cross check, once one was selected.
    What did I leave off the "consideration list"? and what is on the list that is downright wrong! Ya can't hurt my feelings so "let er rip"! Bill in Va.
    FishVixen
    FishVixen
    Modorater

Dwarf Cichlid tank. Empty Re: Dwarf Cichlid tank.

Post by FishVixen Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:02 am

Good Luck with the rams! Bolivian Rams seem the hardiest. They can be really sensitive, Just be sure you have tons of caves all along the back and sides in that tank or you may end up with dead fish.
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:25 pm

Mark flag cichlids completely off your list, they are pretty darn aggressive!
    But the flip side of that coin is that they love to eat hair algae and can live fine with fish larger then them.
    williemcd
    williemcd

Post by williemcd Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:04 pm

Flags are gone.. Bolivians are promoted.! To the casual reader.. my avatar is one of Vixens Angels (see her avatar) that was being shunned by the rest of her group of angels.. Hence she is enjoying her stay in one of my tanks!
    Caves... umm.. I'm waiting for a good article on DIY cave building.. Something about sand/gravel/silicone I recall...hint hint hint... Bill in Va.
    Ben
    Ben

Post by Ben Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:41 pm

Hey Bill I went to fin and feather today. They have plenty of gold rams right now so hopefully still have some when you go. They are out of kribs atm and wont get restocked until tuesday or wednesday.
    FishVixen
    FishVixen
    Modorater

Post by FishVixen Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:56 pm

I like stacking stones and slate for caves. They love slate.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 1:43 pm