Fish Addicts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fish Addicts

A great place to talk fish all day long! Be it fresh water or salt water all are welcome here!

Welcome to our watery home, Thanks for joining

+3
nphocus
williemcd
mike205
7 posters

brichardi's and nicholsi's pu or ship AL

nphocus

brichardi's and nicholsi's pu or ship AL - Page 2 Empty Re: brichardi's and nicholsi's pu or ship AL

Post by nphocus Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:57 pm

H2O Nyck wrote:I am excited about getting some of these fish as well, already have the tanks ready for them! Mike has awesome set ups, and great selections in fish! I cant wait for my shipment! thanks mike!
    Mike is definitely a good guy and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.
    H2O Nyck
    H2O Nyck
    Modorater

brichardi's and nicholsi's pu or ship AL - Page 2 Empty Re: brichardi's and nicholsi's pu or ship AL

Post by H2O Nyck Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:28 pm

I agree I will recommending him to those who I know, just as I do this site, However it has been a while as I haven't gotten out!
    mike205

Post by mike205 Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:02 pm

thanks guys
    williemcd
    williemcd

Post by williemcd Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:30 pm

Cant wait till these guys make it here! Bill

Last edited by williemcd on Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total
    mike205

Post by mike205 Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:52 am

i think they will survive if the temp doesnt get to high
    me and bobby have talked about this already
    yes yall get free shipping
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:46 pm

IO think yall are far enough north that you wont have the super hot like is going on in fl now Wink
    williemcd
    williemcd

Post by williemcd Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:08 pm

I'll defer to NP for the update other than to say.. Those Brichardi's at this age really show off that fin-age..Lace tail, lace dorsal!.. Wow!.. Tks Mike. Bill
    mike205

Post by mike205 Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:14 pm

your welcome hope yall enjoy
    nphocus

Post by nphocus Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:41 pm

It was over 90 today and has been so for the past week... We can't be too far behind FL for temperature.

The 40 fish arrived today in EXCELLENT condition. Not a SINGLE floater and they didn't appear stressed in the least.

Tough buggers. Well packed in a foam cooler that was then boxed and each batch was double bagged. Excellent packing.

The fry were, well... fry. 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch. In retrospect, it seems like a smart age to ship fish at, because they are so small they don't produce much waste and they don't require as much oxygen.

These Guys arrived looking great, vibrant and active. I was in the deal just to get 6 little Nicholsi, now I'm wishing I had gotten 20 just for myself. As it is, I ended up keeping 10 and I'm very happy with them.

The stuff that I read on the Brichardi was off putting in terms of them running off tank mates when spawning, but to see the little guys in person... They look awesome, like bill said.. lace fins, lace dorsal, very very striking fish. I'm going to kick myself in the ass for not keeping some for myself. Enjoy Bill!

Right now, I have 10 fry in a 75G tank with some plants. I forgot that I had an african dwarf frog in the tank until I saw him out while the lights were still on... and saw him start darting after the fry. I'm pretty sure I lost one, maybe two... He's now in the 90G tank with the other bigger fish. Now the fry just have timid kuhli loaches to contend with. I don't think they'll be an issue.

Thanks for the excellent fish Mike.
    mike205

Post by mike205 Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:50 pm

anytime man when your ready for more let me know
    i knew you would like the brichardi
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:49 pm

When the brichardi pair off a 10-20g for the pair is ideal, yes you can plant the tank, stem plants do the best because some will get dug up and some will get buried but other than that they leave the plants alone.
    nphocus

brichardi's and nicholsi's pu or ship AL - Page 2 Empty 1 down, 9 left.

Post by nphocus Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:07 pm

I've been watching, and the little african dwarf frog definitely got one. I've counted 9 when they're all out. I thought I picked out 10 Nicholsi, but I ended up with 4 Brichardi and 5 Nicholsi. Some of the fry were mixed up... good for me though as I actually ended up wanting some.
    brichardi's and nicholsi's pu or ship AL - Page 2 2011-07-04%25252018.53.34
    brichardi's and nicholsi's pu or ship AL - Page 2 2011-07-04%25252018.53.17
    One of the Brichardi fry after a week in his new home. Note the awesome finnage, at even such a small size and age. Top Left is a slightly larger Convict.

brichardi's and nicholsi's pu or ship AL - Page 2 2011-07-04%25252018.52.59
    One of the Nicholsi fry. These guys are great.
    mike205

Post by mike205 Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:00 pm

im sorry man i meant to tell you all of the fry were mixed together there all in the same tank i have to do so to save on space
    awesome moss ball
    FishVixen
    FishVixen
    Modorater

Post by FishVixen Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:58 pm

oh you know that convict will get nasty at breeding age. I don't want to be a negative nellie but some of your fish combos are just disaster waiting to happen. Just watch them closely as all H#LL can break lose and in 5 min half the tank dead. I know it happened to me.
    nphocus

Post by nphocus Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:14 pm

FishVixen wrote:oh you know that convict will get nasty at breeding age. I don't want to be a negative nellie but some of your fish combos are just disaster waiting to happen. Just watch them closely as all H#LL can break lose and in 5 min half the tank dead. I know it happened to me.

No, I didn't know that about convicts. I hadn't done my homework on the convicts, yet. I did know that about the brichards, when they pair up to spawn they will drive everything else to the top corner of the tank. They establish "their" territory and kill/harass/drive away everything else.

Please, school me.
    FishVixen
    FishVixen
    Modorater

Post by FishVixen Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:28 pm

Convicts are south american and have the Oscar personality. They go into killing mode as they are predators not community fish at all. They may not get huge but they will kill. A pair does well in a 10 gal and the fry are great as feeders.
    nphocus

Post by nphocus Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:32 pm

You see, all you had to say was oscar...

Oh well, anyone in/near Richmond Virginia want a pair of 3/4" Convicts?
    FishVixen
    FishVixen
    Modorater

Post by FishVixen Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:42 pm

LOL. Put them in a 10 gal they will breed and free food.
    nphocus

Post by nphocus Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:58 pm

Nawp... not even sure they are opposite sexes and I'm not setting up another tank... wife would cut me off, cut it off, put it in my mouth, and then slit my throat, and then other stuff that isn't internet safe.
    Ben
    Ben

Post by Ben Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:45 pm

nphocus wrote:Nawp... not even sure they are opposite sexes and I'm not setting up another tank... wife would cut me off, cut it off, put it in my mouth, and then slit my throat, and then other stuff that isn't internet safe.

LOL. I know how you feel. I have to set new tanks up while the gf is out of town or I have to set up an arrangement with her.
    mike205

Post by mike205 Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:21 pm

im sold out of everything but i have some nicholsi fry in grow-out tank and three females holdin so if you want some let me know and ill put you on the list
    thanks

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 10:55 am