Fish Addicts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fish Addicts

A great place to talk fish all day long! Be it fresh water or salt water all are welcome here!

Welcome to our watery home, Thanks for joining

4 posters

Another Angel Spawn, different tank

joefish72

Another Angel Spawn, different tank Empty Another Angel Spawn, different tank

Post by joefish72 Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:31 pm

I was away for 2 days and when I got home I found about 50+ eggs on the intake tube for my filter. Looks like a few turned white like chicken eggs and those I know are bag eggs. All the rest look normal and (I assume) the two parents are guarding the eggs. They are now very aggressive toward any fish that comes within a foot of them.

Now for the questions:
    Can I pick off the bad eggs without freaking out the parents to the point where they abandon them?

Can I remove the parents and the tube to another tank without killing the eggs? and without the parents abandoning the eggs?

zeketaz
    zeketaz

Another Angel Spawn, different tank Empty Re: Another Angel Spawn, different tank

Post by zeketaz Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:47 pm

That's awesome. Good luck with the eggs hope ya have better luck thatn I do with eggs lol
    joefish72

Another Angel Spawn, different tank Empty Re: Another Angel Spawn, different tank

Post by joefish72 Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:37 pm

ok, I picked off a few eggs with a pin and got bit a few times, first one scared the poop out of me. I have 6 more white eggs to knock loose but I'm waiting a little while so the parents can calm down.
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:20 pm

Let the parents pick them off. move the pair into their own 29g tank later.
    FishVixen
    FishVixen
    Modorater

Post by FishVixen Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:56 pm

If it's a young pair I would let the stay in the main tank for the first 3 batches so they learn how to protect the fry.
    joefish72

Post by joefish72 Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:12 pm

Just checked today and looks like nothing is left. There are a bunch of clear shells where the eggs used to be.
    FishVixen
    FishVixen
    Modorater

Post by FishVixen Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:42 pm

some parents just are not fry raisers.
    joefish72

Post by joefish72 Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:06 pm

Well now the original pair of angels spawned for the second time. A lot of eggs this time but I never saw the male go over the egss so I think they are all duds Sad
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:19 am

Give them their own tank and they will get it right in time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 7:05 am