Fish Addicts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fish Addicts

A great place to talk fish all day long! Be it fresh water or salt water all are welcome here!

Welcome to our watery home, Thanks for joining

5 posters

Diamond Tetra, Moenkhausia pittieri

H2O Nyck
    H2O Nyck
    Modorater

Diamond Tetra, Moenkhausia pittieri Empty Diamond Tetra, Moenkhausia pittieri

Post by H2O Nyck Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:32 pm

I seen some of these at a local LFS, is there anyone that has kept them before? any info you can give is great! are they fin nippers? do the freely breed?
    Strikingthematch
    Strikingthematch

Diamond Tetra, Moenkhausia pittieri Empty Re: Diamond Tetra, Moenkhausia pittieri

Post by Strikingthematch Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:31 pm

I bought 12 of these guys awhile back. They are some of the heartiest fish I have ever seen. Out of the 12 I got two breeding pairs and they gave me over 24 fry. The fry where very easy to raise and are all over an inch in size now!

The mainly play with each other and I have never noticed any fin nipping from them. They never stop moving! Fairly fast swimming fish with tons of energy. They like to drive bomb their food and constantly play haha.

Overall a very nice fish and eye catching for sure!
    FishVixen
    FishVixen
    Modorater

Diamond Tetra, Moenkhausia pittieri Empty Re: Diamond Tetra, Moenkhausia pittieri

Post by FishVixen Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:32 pm

they are beautiful in a schoal.
    Ben
    Ben

Post by Ben Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:43 pm

I have not kept them YET, but when I was at Strikingthematch's house his looked awesome.
    joefish72

Post by joefish72 Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:50 pm

I have them and they are very easy to keep. Mine are in a community tank with no problems.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:43 pm