Fish Addicts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fish Addicts

A great place to talk fish all day long! Be it fresh water or salt water all are welcome here!

Welcome to our watery home, Thanks for joining

5 posters

Storage wars

zeketaz
    zeketaz

Storage wars Empty Storage wars

Post by zeketaz Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:58 pm

This is a series I saw on netflix. It is the coolest thing ever and has me wanting to go buy storage units lol. There are storage units for auction every month to. If the person that rents the unit don't pay for X amount of time it gets auctioned. There could be some super valuable stuff inside it to. I got the buying bug lol.
    mike205

Storage wars Empty Re: Storage wars

Post by mike205 Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:22 am

ive seen the show its pretty cool
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:09 am

space box in no fo auctions them off. Never seen the show.......
    williemcd
    williemcd

Post by williemcd Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:06 am

Two minds of this one... I picked up about 2500 worth of equipment from a guy that had no clue about aquariums... He made, according to him, about 5-6K per month buying storage units... When he picked up a unit full of aqua items, I lucked onto him.... Visited him and saw his living room was CRAMMED with stuff. I made him a flat offer of 300 for everything!.. about 10 tanks... 8 canister filters. (fluvals and mag 350)... totes full of stuff still in the orig packaging (suspect the orig owner worked in a pet store and was ripping them off)....
    Well, I did pretty well on that deal.. but....
    Another friend I used to play golf with owns about 6-8 storage unit facilities.. prob over 1,000 rentals. Talking with him one "after round" cocktail or two, he admitted that he buys cases of locks and only auctions them off after they've gone through them and makes a big deal of cutting the locks at the auction. (He's a bandit which is why he's rich and I'm not)...
    How they auction off here is: They post the auction, you show up with like 20-30 others... they make a show of walking up to the storage door, use bolt cutters to remove the lock. Open the door and allow you to look in.. no examination of contents, no entry into the unit. Then ya bid. The winner has to empty the unit that day.. If ya need to make multiple trips, bring your own lock.. If ya leave and it's not locked, it'll be empty by the time you get back. It's a jungle and there are some real tigers that know how to work it... Bill in Va.
    zeketaz
    zeketaz

Post by zeketaz Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:09 am

The one dude makes out like a bandit..good thing for you he didn't know what he had lol. The other guy is a snake....I'd love to go check out this storage unit stuff and if cheap enough get one.

From watching the shows it's very cut throat but a total adrenalin rush lol
    has no life
    has no life

Post by has no life Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:03 am

i use to buy them with a buddy of mine most of the time you get a load of junk an end up making many trips too the land fill .you find bug an all kinda nasty stuff .due to that show they are selling for a ton of money now because every one think there going too hit big .did it for a few year never really found much .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:22 am