Fish Addicts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fish Addicts

A great place to talk fish all day long! Be it fresh water or salt water all are welcome here!

Welcome to our watery home, Thanks for joining

2 posters

Swim Bladder.

williemcd
    williemcd

Swim Bladder. Empty Swim Bladder.

Post by williemcd Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:54 am

Baby sitting a betta:

Learned something new last night!..
    I'm temporarily hosting a 4.5G hex with 4 guppies and a betta. I've had the set-up for about a month while the newlywed's are getting settled. Well, the owner stopped by last night.. sitting around .. sipping a cold one and the Betta was on top and on it's side. My first reaction was swim-bladder problems.... online..betta's on side at top and my initial guess was right on. Cause?... either over feeding or Brine shrimp food. Well, earlier in the day, not knowing about excess brine shrimp in the diet, gave them a "Treat" of brine shrimp flakes!... I don't think I'll be doing that again!..
    33% water change, added some general meds(not sure why) and today, he's upright but not quite 100%... He swims to the bottom at least but slowly drifts back to the top..but at least upright!.. Another 33% w/c a few minutes ago, treated with Prime.. so we'll see. Bill in Va.
    FishVixen
    FishVixen
    Modorater

Swim Bladder. Empty Re: Swim Bladder.

Post by FishVixen Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:07 pm

best with bettas to feed dried betta food.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:36 pm