Fish Addicts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fish Addicts

A great place to talk fish all day long! Be it fresh water or salt water all are welcome here!

Welcome to our watery home, Thanks for joining

3 posters

My Alabama vacation

joefish72

My Alabama vacation Empty My Alabama vacation

Post by joefish72 Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:39 pm

As most of you alreday know I went to Alabama for vacation and did a little driftwood hunting. I've been on quite a few vacations and some of them were quite expensive but I have to say this no frills family hang out was by far the most fun. There was no schedule to keep, no worries about hotels, airlines, or car rentals. It was good old fashioned family fun and cost about 1/4 of the price of going to Disney for a week.

While looking for the drift wood we snuck up on this nice fishMy Alabama vacation Alabamaredsnapper
    and my son Jt was quite happy to hold it up for a picture.

As you can see in the fish picture we already snagged a few nice pieces of wood. Since we used grandpa's boat, and grandpa knew where all the good driftwoods were hiding we decided to give him the best piece for his yard. Grandpa had his eye on the piece the whole day and my son thought it would be a nice thing to suprise him with it.My Alabama vacation GrandpasdriftwoodMy Alabama vacation Grandpasdriftwood2

We also got a chance to visit the aquarium and they had some AWESOME!!! tanks in that place. Here is one with a tunnel you walk through

My Alabama vacation SophieandJtaquarium

We also saw some driftwood art at the local antiques storeMy Alabama vacation Driftwoodartand I couldn't help but laugh. I kept thinking "it's two sticks and a flower pot" how is that art. Then my mom just turns to me all serious and says "you know it's all subjective" and I lost it and just cracked up laughing.

Like I said before it was good cheap family fun, what more could you ask for?
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

My Alabama vacation Empty Re: My Alabama vacation

Post by Fern Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:31 pm

Oh too cool! Always good to have a nice mellow family vacation!
    FishVixen
    FishVixen
    Modorater

Post by FishVixen Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:05 pm

Now that is a vacation!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:15 am