Fish Addicts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fish Addicts

A great place to talk fish all day long! Be it fresh water or salt water all are welcome here!

Welcome to our watery home, Thanks for joining

4 posters

natural urban tank with channel cats

FishVixen
    FishVixen
    Modorater

natural urban tank with channel cats Empty natural urban tank with channel cats

Post by FishVixen Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:39 am

Okay I've gone off the deep end. I saved channel cats when we went fishing today (4 12-14" surviving in a 55 gal). They were pegged for the fry pan but they wouldn't die so I coaxed Fern into putting them in my 55. Now the strange part I want to do an urban tank with shopping carts and beer bottles for the cats to make them feel at home. I never said I was a well person! Twisted Evil Will post pics of the cats when I find out who survives if any.
    zeketaz
    zeketaz

natural urban tank with channel cats Empty Re: natural urban tank with channel cats

Post by zeketaz Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:57 am

What on earth are you going to do with them if they do live? Will they grow any bigger?
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

natural urban tank with channel cats Empty Re: natural urban tank with channel cats

Post by Fern Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:45 pm

Oh ya they get bigger! I've pulled in some massive ones before!
    FishVixen
    FishVixen
    Modorater

Post by FishVixen Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:11 pm

Channel cats have been up to over 6 feet in some areas have no clue how big these guys get.
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:38 pm

I have caught them up to 4' long, now that was a fun catch!
    So if you dig the hole you can put them in the pond that we will make from the old sump liner Wink
    FishVixen
    FishVixen
    Modorater

Post by FishVixen Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:56 pm

HHMM who needs grass in the yard when you can make it grow out and fun ponds all over the place no cutting grass!
    Finsandfeathers
    Finsandfeathers
    Modorater

Post by Finsandfeathers Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:48 am

Hey I'm on board with the "no grass cutting" sounds like a great idea to me or in one zone of my yard "no weeding" if you put enough plants in there that really like fish water LOL 2 years now since I planted the Cape Fuschia aka Devils Tongue and its as tall as the patio plus I've let the Lemon Balm go a bit wild
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:09 pm

Ya half the back yard will end up being ponds with pavers between them, the other half will be grass and kid zone pirat

well the cats didn't make it.....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:54 am