Fish Addicts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fish Addicts

A great place to talk fish all day long! Be it fresh water or salt water all are welcome here!

Welcome to our watery home, Thanks for joining

4 posters

Alteration in my first Foray into Africans.

williemcd
    williemcd

Alteration in my first Foray into Africans. Empty Alteration in my first Foray into Africans.

Post by williemcd Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:05 pm

went out to pick up some guppies for one of the 92 1/4 cylinder tanks I sold with the buyer. Visited a local guy.. Vix.. you'd be taking a back seat to his / their mayhem... He's got double dd's the size of saucers.. plants that make my setup look like a desert!...
    So.. for 24 bucks.. Picked up 3 1" albino br plecos.. 2 Paired BLACK guppies.. a bag full of plants.. and.. 10 1.25 inch
    Alteration in my first Foray into Africans. Demo10
    Plus fern is sending up a swap with something!.. Two weeks ago I didn't even consider africans.. now?.. LOL..
    nphocus

Alteration in my first Foray into Africans. Empty Re: Alteration in my first Foray into Africans.

Post by nphocus Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:54 pm

Nice. I'm going to try and head back up there today. I dropped my two tiny Mbunas into my 90G and can't find them at all.
    Ben
    Ben

Alteration in my first Foray into Africans. Empty Re: Alteration in my first Foray into Africans.

Post by Ben Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:04 pm

Where is this guy located?
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:39 pm

Nice!
    nphocus

Post by nphocus Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:33 pm

Ben wrote:Where is this guy located?
    PM me and I'll send you his name and number. I picked up half a dozen sunset guppies from him last weekend and they're doing great.

I picked up 6 more Blue Mbuna cichlids today, probably about 3/4" long with horizontal black strips. I believe he gave me two males, 1 alpha and 1 submissive, and 4 females. They're in the 90G tank with the Electric Yellow cichlid which is about 3" long. Everyone's getting along well and the blues are schooling together and exploring the tank. The breeder recommended a 3 rock cave, so I added one of those to the tank so they would have something to remind them of home. Now there are a ton of caves, holes, and hidey-holes for everyone.

If people are interested, I'll take pics in the AM. Hopefully everyone makes it thru the night and they have a long happy life together.

-Bobby
    Ben
    Ben

Post by Ben Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:50 pm

That is great to hear. We would always like to see pics lol.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:17 pm