Fish Addicts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fish Addicts

A great place to talk fish all day long! Be it fresh water or salt water all are welcome here!

Welcome to our watery home, Thanks for joining

3 posters

Wat you guys think?

KRAZYQBAN7

Wat you guys think? Empty Wat you guys think?

Post by KRAZYQBAN7 Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:59 am

[img]Wat you guys think? Img_2014[/img]
    zeketaz
    zeketaz

Wat you guys think? Empty Re: Wat you guys think?

Post by zeketaz Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:32 am

Very nice. How did you get the rocks to stay in place?
    KRAZYQBAN7

Post by KRAZYQBAN7 Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:51 am

zeketaz wrote:Very nice. How did you get the rocks to stay in place?
    Hey Zeketaz, I just stacked them up, it did take me 5hrs. LOL
    zeketaz
    zeketaz

Post by zeketaz Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:53 am

Oh my lol. Well your time paid off cause it looks great. So you know what you're going to put in it?
    KRAZYQBAN7

Post by KRAZYQBAN7 Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:06 am

zeketaz wrote:Oh my lol. Well your time paid off cause it looks great. So you know what you're going to put in it?
    Not yet, I will wait for my cycle to be over and then I will shop around. I am new to this so I am doing everything nice and slow Wink Reading every little thing about water levels, rock, sand and lightning. Next step wll be fish and corals even though I have learned many of the names, behavior and habitat. What you got? Very Happy
    zeketaz
    zeketaz

Post by zeketaz Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:27 am

I suggest read up on everything including fish and corals. Don't wait till the cycle is over. Also don't impulse buy fish. I did and it bit me in the butt. Get a basic list together of the fish you see that you like then research compatibility and if they are reef safe. Then if you have a bunch of fish picked out do pros and cons. I'm telling you this one beginner to the next lol.

Right now all I have is still my clown and I picked up a Sailfin Tang and still have my pinfish. I have a list of fish I am getting and I am not straying from it ever again. My impulse buy was 2 red stripe sand perch. I've got them posted for sale, but may just see if I can take them to Boardroom. They are very beautiful and have great personalities, but they are territorial and I want more bottom dwellers.
    KRAZYQBAN7

Post by KRAZYQBAN7 Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:52 am

zeketaz wrote:I suggest read up on everything including fish and corals. Don't wait till the cycle is over. Also don't impulse buy fish. I did and it bit me in the butt. Get a basic list together of the fish you see that you like then research compatibility and if they are reef safe. Then if you have a bunch of fish picked out do pros and cons. I'm telling you this one beginner to the next lol.

Right now all I have is still my clown and I picked up a Sailfin Tang and still have my pinfish. I have a list of fish I am getting and I am not straying from it ever again. My impulse buy was 2 red stripe sand perch. I've got them posted for sale, but may just see if I can take them to Boardroom. They are very beautiful and have great personalities, but they are territorial and I want more bottom dwellers.
    Wow that sucks, I actually wanted some of those. So are you saying there are no good? They are not reef friendly?
    zeketaz
    zeketaz

Post by zeketaz Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:15 pm

They I think are reef friendly they just chase away other fish small and large that get in their area. I have my 2 in my sump with my pinfish. I haven't had a real problem with them. Only reason I'm looking to get rid of them is because I like small fish and supposedly they eat them or something. They have adorble personalities at least.
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:13 pm

Looks like you dont have enough smaller caves, I personally would redo it so you have a variety of cave sizes and more places to put corals in a variety of light levels and flow levels. And if you get a digger that's all gonna come crashing down.......
    Rock in salt has to be super stable!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:39 am