Fish Addicts

A great place to talk fish all day long! Be it fresh water or salt water all are welcome here!

Welcome to our watery home, Thanks for joining

Wat you guys think?

KRAZYQBAN7

Wat you guys think?

Post by KRAZYQBAN7 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:59 am

[img][/img]
    zeketaz

Re: Wat you guys think?

Post by zeketaz on Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:32 am

Very nice. How did you get the rocks to stay in place?

KRAZYQBAN7

Post by KRAZYQBAN7 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:51 am

zeketaz wrote:Very nice. How did you get the rocks to stay in place?
    Hey Zeketaz, I just stacked them up, it did take me 5hrs. LOL
    zeketaz

Post by zeketaz on Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:53 am

Oh my lol. Well your time paid off cause it looks great. So you know what you're going to put in it?

KRAZYQBAN7

Post by KRAZYQBAN7 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:06 am

zeketaz wrote:Oh my lol. Well your time paid off cause it looks great. So you know what you're going to put in it?
    Not yet, I will wait for my cycle to be over and then I will shop around. I am new to this so I am doing everything nice and slow Wink Reading every little thing about water levels, rock, sand and lightning. Next step wll be fish and corals even though I have learned many of the names, behavior and habitat. What you got? Very Happy
    zeketaz

Post by zeketaz on Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:27 am

I suggest read up on everything including fish and corals. Don't wait till the cycle is over. Also don't impulse buy fish. I did and it bit me in the butt. Get a basic list together of the fish you see that you like then research compatibility and if they are reef safe. Then if you have a bunch of fish picked out do pros and cons. I'm telling you this one beginner to the next lol.

Right now all I have is still my clown and I picked up a Sailfin Tang and still have my pinfish. I have a list of fish I am getting and I am not straying from it ever again. My impulse buy was 2 red stripe sand perch. I've got them posted for sale, but may just see if I can take them to Boardroom. They are very beautiful and have great personalities, but they are territorial and I want more bottom dwellers.

KRAZYQBAN7

Post by KRAZYQBAN7 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:52 am

zeketaz wrote:I suggest read up on everything including fish and corals. Don't wait till the cycle is over. Also don't impulse buy fish. I did and it bit me in the butt. Get a basic list together of the fish you see that you like then research compatibility and if they are reef safe. Then if you have a bunch of fish picked out do pros and cons. I'm telling you this one beginner to the next lol.

Right now all I have is still my clown and I picked up a Sailfin Tang and still have my pinfish. I have a list of fish I am getting and I am not straying from it ever again. My impulse buy was 2 red stripe sand perch. I've got them posted for sale, but may just see if I can take them to Boardroom. They are very beautiful and have great personalities, but they are territorial and I want more bottom dwellers.
    Wow that sucks, I actually wanted some of those. So are you saying there are no good? They are not reef friendly?
    zeketaz

Post by zeketaz on Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:15 pm

They I think are reef friendly they just chase away other fish small and large that get in their area. I have my 2 in my sump with my pinfish. I haven't had a real problem with them. Only reason I'm looking to get rid of them is because I like small fish and supposedly they eat them or something. They have adorble personalities at least.
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern on Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:13 pm

Looks like you dont have enough smaller caves, I personally would redo it so you have a variety of cave sizes and more places to put corals in a variety of light levels and flow levels. And if you get a digger that's all gonna come crashing down.......
    Rock in salt has to be super stable!

I think I need a bigger tank........ bounce

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:11 pm