Fish Addicts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fish Addicts

A great place to talk fish all day long! Be it fresh water or salt water all are welcome here!

Welcome to our watery home, Thanks for joining

3 posters

Angelfish roulette anyone?

joefish72

Angelfish roulette anyone? Empty Angelfish roulette anyone?

Post by joefish72 Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:26 pm

I have 3 pairs of angels (2 pairs have laid eggs) the third looks like they might both be females but I'm not sure. My issue is the two egg laying pairs have both laid eggs in my display tank and nothing survived. Both got wigglers but then the other fish swarm in and eat everything. I moved one pair to a 125 with some Lazer cories, a few LF bushy plecos, and two redtail loaches. They laid eggs the next day but again nothing survived wiggler. Now I have removed the loaches and just hope the next batch of eggs will take.

In a 55 gallon that is divided I had two pairs and they refused to lay eggs because they only watched each other. It was one of those the grass is greener on the other side type things. So I moved one pair into the community tank and of course two days later there were about 100 eggs. As always they got to wiggler and then got eaten.

Now I have all 3 pairs in seperate tanks but two of the tanks are community tanks with way too many fry eaters. I'm waiting to see if the last pair lays any eggs before I start moving things around again. Should I divide my 125 and put the 3rd pair in there or just wait and see what happens with them all seperated?
    zeketaz
    zeketaz

Angelfish roulette anyone? Empty Re: Angelfish roulette anyone?

Post by zeketaz Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:03 pm

I would wait...eventually the pairs will get them to free swimmers in the community I think, well hope.
    joefish72

Post by joefish72 Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:05 pm

zeketaz wrote:I would wait...eventually the pairs will get them to free swimmers in the community I think, well hope.
    You saw my community tank, there is no chance, have 3 species of big tetras, the leaf fish, an eel, and golden wonder killies in there. The 55 has, leaf fish, African butterfly,2 syno, Sun cat, U.D. cat, giant danio. My community tanks are a slaughter house for fry.
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:40 am

slap in a divider, remember I had that discus pair that would only spawn in the main tank...... some fish are funny like that!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:06 am