Fish Addicts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fish Addicts

A great place to talk fish all day long! Be it fresh water or salt water all are welcome here!

Welcome to our watery home, Thanks for joining

4 posters

10 gallon tank sale till Aug21st

joefish72

10 gallon tank sale till Aug21st Empty 10 gallon tank sale till Aug21st

Post by joefish72 Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:48 pm

Wasn't sure where to put this thread (mod move if needed). Petsmart has 10 gallon tank only for $10.99 glass is tempered.

Petco will price match if you show them a picture of the sales sticker from petsmart and the Petco 10 gallon tanks are nontempered (I just bottom drilled a brand new one). I also have the picture of the sticker and I can text it to anyone that needs it.

Also I can drill the tanks for 1" bulk heads (1 3/4 holes) if you want I'll do it at our get together for free. Or you can drill it at the get together for free and I'll supply the drill, bit, and water. Very Happy
    FishVixen
    FishVixen
    Modorater

10 gallon tank sale till Aug21st Empty Re: 10 gallon tank sale till Aug21st

Post by FishVixen Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:48 pm

Neat actually have some that could be drilled already. You can actually make it a little seminar of how to drill a tank during the meeting. Anyone else with knowledge of DIY or special care can always do a little talk/demonstration to inform others. It would be a good start in forming a club.
    joefish72

Post by joefish72 Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:51 pm

FishVixen wrote:Neat actually have some that could be drilled already. You can actually make it a little seminar of how to drill a tank during the meeting. Anyone else with knowledge of DIY or special care can always do a little talk/demonstration to inform others. It would be a good start in forming a club.

AWESOME IDEA!!!!

Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:21 pm

And I can share my ghetto hole patch Laughing to patch those drilled tanks you dont want a hole in for the time being
    FishVixen
    FishVixen
    Modorater

Post by FishVixen Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:18 pm

actually drilling and setting up the bulkhead and anything related like DIY overflows and patching holes you don't want. (hey a free tank with hole can be used)
    williemcd
    williemcd

Post by williemcd Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:42 pm

If you sign up for Petco.. every quarter or so they notify their members of a dollar a gallon tank sale. Bill in Va.
    joefish72

Post by joefish72 Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:52 pm

FishVixen wrote:actually drilling and setting up the bulkhead and anything related like DIY overflows and patching holes you don't want. (hey a free tank with hole can be used)

Not needed, I cracked 2 tanks before I got the first one drilled. I tried to use my drill press because it is variable speed but trying to give light pressure with that thing is like trying to stop peeing (not unheard of but also not easy). I went to the old hand held drill and cut 16 holes in 8 tanks with no problems at all.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:45 pm