Fish Addicts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fish Addicts

A great place to talk fish all day long! Be it fresh water or salt water all are welcome here!

Welcome to our watery home, Thanks for joining

+2
zeketaz
thatbettaglo
6 posters

Whats that? More bloodworms? Yes Masters!

thatbettaglo
    thatbettaglo

Whats that? More bloodworms? Yes Masters! Empty Whats that? More bloodworms? Yes Masters!

Post by thatbettaglo Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:29 pm

New to the forum but not to fish!

I am the property of:

2 LF Zebra Danio
    3 LF Unknown (Leopard??) Danio
    1 LF BN Albino Pleco
    6 Tetras (Looking for good homes =))

And the lovely young GBR couple Ranger and Blush!

Co-owned by various bettas and snails...

Pics later.
    zeketaz
    zeketaz

Whats that? More bloodworms? Yes Masters! Empty Re: Whats that? More bloodworms? Yes Masters!

Post by zeketaz Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:51 pm

Welcome to the forum. Can't wait to see pics Smile
    FishVixen
    FishVixen
    Modorater

Whats that? More bloodworms? Yes Masters! Empty Re: Whats that? More bloodworms? Yes Masters!

Post by FishVixen Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:29 pm

Hi welcome, Where are you located I may be able to home the tetras depending what type they are.
    thatbettaglo
    thatbettaglo

Post by thatbettaglo Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:01 pm

Hi everyone. Im down here in (not so sunny) SW Florida. Im actually like a 30 min drive from the aquatics store that Fern works at, she recommended the site to me.

Heres some pics of my "masters", including the tetras for you fishvixen.

My GBR gal, introducing "Blush"

Whats that? More bloodworms? Yes Masters! Dsc05511

Whats that? More bloodworms? Yes Masters! Dsc05611

And her partner in crime, "Ranger"

Whats that? More bloodworms? Yes Masters! Dsc05612

Whats that? More bloodworms? Yes Masters! Dsc05613

One of my unknown species of LF Danio. Maybe a cross between leopard and zebra? The stripes break up toward their midsection so idk. Im at a loss.

Whats that? More bloodworms? Yes Masters! Dsc05614

One of my LF Zebras, fast buggers! One of my favorites though, I love how they interact with each other and race around the tank.<3

Whats that? More bloodworms? Yes Masters! Dsc05615

Tetra sold to me as a "Head and tail light", has a red and black stripe. I have 3.

Whats that? More bloodworms? Yes Masters! Dsc05512

A very BAD pic of one of the three neon tetras.

Whats that? More bloodworms? Yes Masters! Dsc05616

My new, and not so photogenic, Albino LF BN Pleco.

Whats that? More bloodworms? Yes Masters! Dsc05617

And last but not least, my two and a half year old Peppered Cory! Such an oddball this one. She sits in the Wisteria all day until the lights go off.

Whats that? More bloodworms? Yes Masters! Dsc05618

The bettas can be found at this link:
    http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/showthread.php?250751-My-boys-lt-3&highlight=

Thanks for taking a look!
    TBG
    thatbettaglo
    thatbettaglo

Post by thatbettaglo Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:06 pm

Also, going back to the bettas, the crowntail has sice been moved to a ten gal. I think he likes it better their.

Whats that? More bloodworms? Yes Masters! Dsc05619

And "Jewel" moved into his spot, she is a crown tail girl that I am hoping to mate him with. ;D
    zeketaz
    zeketaz

Post by zeketaz Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:07 pm

The head and light tail looks like a glow light tetra, but it could all be the same fish as they have so many names. The rest of your fish look great love the rams
    thatbettaglo
    thatbettaglo

Post by thatbettaglo Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:13 pm

The tetras are probably one and the same. And thanks, the Rams caught me hook, line and sinker. They are amazing little fish with tons of personality. <3 Definitly on my top 5 species list.
    mike205

Post by mike205 Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:14 pm

welcome nice pics
    H2O Nyck
    H2O Nyck
    Modorater

Post by H2O Nyck Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:33 pm

Welcome and you have amazing fish!
    FishVixen
    FishVixen
    Modorater

Post by FishVixen Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:18 am

Okay I'm Ferns roommate so you're in the neighborhood! LOL If you need a home for the tetras I can put them in with my med grow out angels just let Fern know and we can work out something.
    thatbettaglo
    thatbettaglo

Post by thatbettaglo Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:22 pm

I can swing them by Fern's work place today if that works for you.
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:18 pm

I'm like 7 min from boardroom if you would like to come see the zoo Laughing
    Loving that pic of the pleco!!!!! How did your sis like hers?
    Looks like your plants have a bit of iron deficiency, sechem iron is what you need, just the smallest bottle is what you will need.
    thatbettaglo
    thatbettaglo

Post by thatbettaglo Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:42 pm

Im due for a run to the pet store anyways. Need dog food, lol. I will pick some up when I go. I actually need to make another trip out to Boardroom, I love browsing that place and I would love one of your brown LF BN plecos too. *Wink wink* Haha. My sister was ESTATIC! She LOVED him/her. Her and I want to try to breed them. She has two SF BN Plecos in that tank too, a brown male and albino female.

You were also saying something about an aquarium club last time I was there? Would love a little more info on that if you wouldnt mind. Smile
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:09 pm

You found it!
    I'm glad your sis liked the pleco! That was awesome of you to get it for her!
    To breed them you are gonna need a larger tank that's near a widow so it gets lots of good algae growing, I recommend a 40g breeder tank. Mine breed like rabbits and they have overstocked the tank many times in the past! I had to actually take the male out and give him a break for a few months!
    thatbettaglo
    thatbettaglo

Post by thatbettaglo Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:59 pm

Haha. Thats too funny. Let me ask you something though... How hard would it be for you to get Starlight/White seam BN Plecos in?
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:02 pm

You would have to ask boardroom or check online...
    thatbettaglo
    thatbettaglo

Post by thatbettaglo Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:06 pm

Ok. Im gonna have too. They really caught my eye... Cant find any online @ the moment though. Im gonna have to do some looking.
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:33 pm

50% of my long fins do end up with that light end on their tail, my guess is that they got some of that mixed in at some point in their past.
    thatbettaglo
    thatbettaglo

Post by thatbettaglo Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:53 pm

Unfortunatly, today I lost my GBR girl. She was badly injured 2 days ago and was not able to recover. She will be greatly missed and will be survived by her mate who bonded to her after just a month. RIP little girl... Crying or Very sad
    zeketaz
    zeketaz

Post by zeketaz Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:13 pm

Aww that's so sad Sad Sorry for the loss.
    thatbettaglo
    thatbettaglo

Post by thatbettaglo Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:28 pm

Ya... Im really frustrated... She was a great little fish and fun to watch and the worst part is I think my male is looking for her.... =(
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:42 pm

Sad So sorry to hear that....
    thatbettaglo
    thatbettaglo

Post by thatbettaglo Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:59 pm

I do have a question though. If I get him another female, will my boy GBR bond to her?
    FishVixen
    FishVixen
    Modorater

Post by FishVixen Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:08 pm

should have no problem, but how did she get injured? Was she attacked by the danios? (well known for fin nipping)
    thatbettaglo
    thatbettaglo

Post by thatbettaglo Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:34 pm

No, I think it was the betta. Both the GBR were acting very territorial in an area of the tank with a cleared off rock so I am wondering if maybe they were getting ready to spawn or something. Anyways, they had been sizing up the betta for a couple days and doing laps around him and I think he had just had enough. He has since been removed and placed with the boys out in the kitchen.

Also, went to boardroom today to look for a new girl and they were out!!! Looks like I have to wait until they get their shipment in whcih stinks cause I am not that patient. >.> Lol.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:46 pm