Fish Addicts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fish Addicts

A great place to talk fish all day long! Be it fresh water or salt water all are welcome here!

Welcome to our watery home, Thanks for joining

3 posters

Drilling tank

Troyfishguy1

Drilling tank Empty Drilling tank

Post by Troyfishguy1 Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:56 am

Is there anyone in FT.Myers that will drill a tank.
    or does anyone know how to drill a tank and what will be needed!? scratch scratch
    rcbows
    rcbows

Drilling tank Empty Re: Drilling tank

Post by rcbows Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:41 am

I know that Tempered glass tanks can't be drilled. I also know you need a diamond drill which are expensive, a hose with water an electric drill and slow even patience. I never done it but there is a You-tube Video showing how to do it. I've watched it and decided it wasn't worth the effort. I think you have the right idea about finding someone who has experience doing it and pay them to do it for you.
    Ron
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:10 pm

Yes there is what size tank you looking to get drilled? Are you sure it is not tempered?
    Make sure you know what size hole(s) you want and where you want them, bringing the bulkheads helps. I know its cheaper if you bring the tank to him he is out in leehigh but he May travel to you. I will PM you his Phone number his name is Travis, I have had him drill quite a few of mine and cut me new center braces and all that fun stuff. He also does acrylic work.
    Don't play with glass unless you really know what you are doing Its a pain in the rear and theres always a learning curve on stuff like that aka broken stuff.
    Troyfishguy1

Post by Troyfishguy1 Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:01 am

Thanks alot! What a Face

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:25 pm