Fish Addicts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fish Addicts

A great place to talk fish all day long! Be it fresh water or salt water all are welcome here!

Welcome to our watery home, Thanks for joining

4 posters

Update from a long-distance member!

williemcd
    williemcd

Update from a long-distance member! Empty Update from a long-distance member!

Post by williemcd Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:19 pm

Things have been a bit hectic around here.. so I'll recap in a short form.
    I scored a deal on a 75 and 135, sold the 75 for the combined price. Set up the 135 for a twelve pack of Discus fry (quarter-half dollar size) cheap. Cross of a Solid Fire Red and a Brilliant Blue.. so should be an interesting grow-out. All while I'm getting this organized, pulled a small batch of Angel eggs from a Blue Plat Pearl/ Gold pairing and put them in a 5G egg setup... Darn.. two days later.. A cloud of German Blue Ram fry appeared out of nowhere in a 155 heavily planted tank... In with the angel eggs/wigglers... Shoot!.. two weeks later, yet two more clouds of GBR's appeared.... emergency set up of another 5G..
    Over X-mas, up north to visit the family, I ran into a GBR breeder who sold me 6 for $30.00... It looks like I ended up with two fem's.. Update from a long-distance member! Dscn2526
    Update from a long-distance member! Dscn2527
    Update from a long-distance member! Gbr_s_22

Pics of the discus/135 and rams.. Bill in Va.
    p.s. All of the driftwood in the 135 came out of a local lake behind my house..
    zeketaz
    zeketaz

Update from a long-distance member! Empty Re: Update from a long-distance member!

Post by zeketaz Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:36 pm

That's awesome!! I have managed to keep 7 angel fry alive 2 weeks now I think lol.Glad you didn't fall off the face of the earth lol!

Oh and while you've been busy Fern got me hooked on salt. Keep the pics flowing. Congrats on all the fry. You got them in the tub yet?
    williemcd
    williemcd

Update from a long-distance member! Empty Re: Update from a long-distance member!

Post by williemcd Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:24 pm

Zeke!... ya crossed over to the "dark side"?... ohhhhh... I'm just lucky Fern lives 1,000 miles away or I'm sure she'd have me hooked too!.. Bill in Va.
    zeketaz
    zeketaz

Post by zeketaz Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:09 pm

Oh yeah got my fish and coral list set and all. Just need the tank now lol. Well still have tanks I have to tear down and get moved first. Have to update fish list here now that I think of it lol.
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:57 pm

thats awesome Bill!!!! Fry is good!!! especially gbr fry!!!

Zeke, the tanks gonna have to wait till after the wedding (one thing I can postpone!)
    zeketaz
    zeketaz

Post by zeketaz Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:43 am

Well Poo...gives me more time at least lol. Now can destress about having to get tanks moved quick.
    joefish72

Post by joefish72 Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:05 pm

Bill,
    You know they say when it rains it pours. I have two pairs of angels that always spawn within a few days of each other. I swear the fish are like women, if they stick together long enough they all get on the same cycle.

Now for a mental picture, how would you like to be like that sister wives guy, all those angry women at the same time, lol.
    williemcd
    williemcd

Post by williemcd Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:22 pm

A tall bridge would be in order.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:13 pm