Fish Addicts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fish Addicts

A great place to talk fish all day long! Be it fresh water or salt water all are welcome here!

Welcome to our watery home, Thanks for joining

3 posters

How to import?

zeketaz
    zeketaz

How to import? Empty How to import?

Post by zeketaz Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:29 pm

There's a dude in Hong Kong that has shrimp and crayfish I would love to have. How would one go about acquiring them? Does it cost an arm and leg to do so?
    Finsandfeathers
    Finsandfeathers
    Modorater

How to import? Empty Re: How to import?

Post by Finsandfeathers Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:50 pm

It shouldn't be too bad actually, they have transhippers here in the US and being in FL your fortunate!!! there's a couple near you just depends which one the guy uses, if you look thru his list a bit more it should show you who he uses for his state side "ship to". the shipping charge to the US is usually in their auction price of $4 - $8 (been a while since I looked), after that is should be reasonable like I said specially since its shrimp & crayfish who take a lil bit of nothing to ship
    zeketaz
    zeketaz

Post by zeketaz Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:47 pm

I contacted the seller and he says for small packages they use EMS to ship. Not to sure how that works though. You ever hear of that Shay? How would it get past customs or whatever the mumble jumble it is?
    Finsandfeathers
    Finsandfeathers
    Modorater

Post by Finsandfeathers Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:10 pm

Yes that is common, and if he's offering them to the US he has already done all the things needed to get them here.

A friend of mine shipped in see-thru guppys from Canada, they got held over in Cali at customs then they shipped back up here to OR. Think its tougher sometime to get things/fish on the west coast than it is out your way or east coast.
    zeketaz
    zeketaz

Post by zeketaz Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:35 pm

Sweet!!! makes it easier than using a transhipper. That made my day lol
    joefish72

Post by joefish72 Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:28 pm

zeketaz wrote:There's a dude in Hong Kong that has shrimp and crayfish I would love to have. How would one go about acquiring them? Does it cost an arm and leg to do so?
    There are a few things you should know before doing this type of transaction. First be sure the prices are in U.s> dollars since the exchange rate is a killer. Next know that these asian sellers don't guarantee anything it's a pay & pray type transaction. Last you need to check the local laws(call FWC if needed) to see if you can even possess what you are buying. For example certain crayfish require a permit and if you want to sell/give them to another person in Floida that person needs a permit too.

The best part about using a trans-shipper is they do all the U.S. customs work for you. They don't do the Florida permitting though. If you need help PM me your species and I'll see what the local requirements are.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:27 pm