Fish Addicts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fish Addicts

A great place to talk fish all day long! Be it fresh water or salt water all are welcome here!

Welcome to our watery home, Thanks for joining

+2
zeketaz
Sarge
6 posters

Fry savers and breeder "traps"

Fry savers and breeder "traps" - Page 3 Empty Re: Fry savers and breeder "traps"

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:45 am

I am not fond of the net style traps. Water movement is low and the net always turns green :/
    Sarge
    Sarge

Fry savers and breeder "traps" - Page 3 Empty Re: Fry savers and breeder "traps"

Post by Sarge Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:11 pm

well actually if net were to collect algea that would be benificial. it would give the fry something to nibble on. but i could see them having less water flow the the traps. i guess im not a full believer yet. the only real successes ive had is setting up a whole new tank. i hate having to do that. when i move im going to look into setting up a few small tanks and leave them running. but the only thing with the though, the 5 and 2.5g tanks are more expensive then the 10's ha.

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:52 pm

That was my first method of success as well, just plopping females into a bare tank. Platie and mollies I never had a problem with, just the swords are more a bit more of a challenge I believe. I have another female in the breeder trap right now, the big black one. The only problem I'm having is that I can see no gravid spot as she is already completely black! Her abdomen is always huge so I figured what the heck, let's see what happens.
    Sarge
    Sarge

Post by Sarge Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:46 pm

well this is a molly. and she is huge. and so is her black spot. i have yet to yeild fry from the two females like this. they always seem to be hit too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:35 pm