Fish Addicts

A great place to talk fish all day long! Be it fresh water or salt water all are welcome here!

Welcome to our watery home, Thanks for joining

Fry savers and breeder "traps"

Re: Fry savers and breeder "traps"

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:45 am

I am not fond of the net style traps. Water movement is low and the net always turns green :/
    Sarge

Post by Sarge on Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:11 pm

well actually if net were to collect algea that would be benificial. it would give the fry something to nibble on. but i could see them having less water flow the the traps. i guess im not a full believer yet. the only real successes ive had is setting up a whole new tank. i hate having to do that. when i move im going to look into setting up a few small tanks and leave them running. but the only thing with the though, the 5 and 2.5g tanks are more expensive then the 10's ha.

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:52 pm

That was my first method of success as well, just plopping females into a bare tank. Platie and mollies I never had a problem with, just the swords are more a bit more of a challenge I believe. I have another female in the breeder trap right now, the big black one. The only problem I'm having is that I can see no gravid spot as she is already completely black! Her abdomen is always huge so I figured what the heck, let's see what happens.
    Sarge

Post by Sarge on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:46 pm

well this is a molly. and she is huge. and so is her black spot. i have yet to yeild fry from the two females like this. they always seem to be hit too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:41 pm