Fish Addicts

A great place to talk fish all day long! Be it fresh water or salt water all are welcome here!

Welcome to our watery home, Thanks for joining

Ekkk!!!!! excited!!!

snookemz

Ekkk!!!!! excited!!!

Post by snookemz on Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:10 pm

I got the mail today (exciting in itself, our carrier has decided she doesn't NEED to deliver daily anymore - and oh man, the postmaster heard and earful over that) and I had TWO packages!
    My friend Susie (we know eachother from cloth diapering sites but she's also on some cichlid forums) sent me a HUGE java fern - she's so sweet, we talk fish a lot. She actually guessed the size of my big new tank from a picture - that was pretty cool.
    Then I had a package from Fern! That was full of...everything. It looked small, small flat rate box, not full. Ha, looks are deceiving! I swear it was like the magic plant bundle. It KEPT growing. I pulled plant after plant out of it! Thank you a ton Fern! It rocks! Her snails are cuter than mine, thankfully. The cutest little spiral snail came off a moss chunk - my snails are just big ole boring snails - now maybe I'll get cuter ones tooo :p
    I've got everything with roots nice and planted, the trimmed stems are floating until they root. All the fish were moved into the small tank for transport (moving soon, wanted them to be oriented to their temp home) and I was using that tank for the "spare fish" (the dudes who came with the big tank) but those guys have moved onto the LFS Smile and all that is left in the tank is one lonely fry from the guppies - but he's one super happy fry now that he's got plants to play in!

my tank looks amazingly different today! I can't wait for the stems to root so I can plant them (some were already rooted, some weren't) and then replant them after they get screwed up in transport with this move lol but hey, re-arranging is half the fun of a planted tank!
    Fern
    Admin

Re: Ekkk!!!!! excited!!!

Post by Fern on Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:28 pm

Glad you like them!
    snookemz

Post by snookemz on Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:00 pm

I'm super thrilled Smile Since there's not an itrader system here I figured a rave on your package would suffice Smile
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern on Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:15 pm

cheers Thank you!
    Like I said the only complaint I have ever gotten on my plants is that I send too many Laughing
    FishVixen
    Modorater

Post by FishVixen on Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:29 pm

boy I know those small boxes are big surprises from Fern. Congrats on the plants.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:26 am