Fish Addicts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fish Addicts

A great place to talk fish all day long! Be it fresh water or salt water all are welcome here!

Welcome to our watery home, Thanks for joining

3 posters

Heads Up on a Scam!!

Finsandfeathers
    Finsandfeathers
    Modorater

Heads Up on a Scam!! Empty Heads Up on a Scam!!

Post by Finsandfeathers Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:21 pm

Want to give those who like me love a good trade for some new blood for your tanks a heads up on a scam artist. This person contacted me thru another forum in regards to a trade for some of my guppies originally for some shrimp then it turned into a trade for a new trio of angels & 2 starter colonys of shrimp. They go so far as making contact via phone and a follow up call the day your to ship. Once your end of the deal is on its way when you try and contact them there is no voice mailbox or any other way to contact.

Come to find out after further research as they don't have any info on their profile, very few posts, etc... (personally always like to give people a chance) contacting a mod on the forum who was able to research what I was unable to find the person likes to create numerous accounts none ever having many posts. But under the research the mod did this person has done this to more than one person. Truly wish I could have found it pre-ship on my end.

Not sure what else this person likes to scam for but the primary aquatic things are Angels
    and Shrimp of various grades that have been part of the MO. Thus just wanted to give everyone a heads up so you don't get doinked for a $100+ worth of fish and the shipping costs. The town you ship to is Indianola, MS and the address portrays as a business front.
    zeketaz
    zeketaz

Heads Up on a Scam!! Empty Re: Heads Up on a Scam!!

Post by zeketaz Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:31 pm

Very sad there are people like that
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:33 am

Shocked Thanks for the heads up!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:45 am