Fish Addicts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fish Addicts

A great place to talk fish all day long! Be it fresh water or salt water all are welcome here!

Welcome to our watery home, Thanks for joining

4 posters

American Cichlid Convention 2012 report

joefish72

American Cichlid Convention 2012 report Empty American Cichlid Convention 2012 report

Post by joefish72 Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:48 pm

I just got back from the ACA 2012 convention and I have a lot to tell. This is a top notch gathering of cichlid fans from all over the country and they know how to party. The big name products companies send loads of stuff to see and sell.

We had a nice gathering of people from AFA(Association of Fish Addicts), TBAS (Tampa Bay Aquarists Society), and GCAS (Gold Coast Aquarists Society). Since I'm a Ft Myers resident I represented the AFA along with Ladia. Mike Lobello and Jim ??? from TBAS, along with Chuck Davis, Irwin ??, and Daniel Bates from GCAS. Florida had a nice representation in both the fish and art shows with several 1st-3rd place wins. I got a first place award in the art competition and Ladia took multiple places in the fish competition. Both of the other Florida clubs also had multiple wins in the competition.

The ACA convention was an all around first rate production. From the speakers to the field trips to the competitions everything was just top notch. It was almost too much to take in over just three days and they had stuff going on from 9am - midnight every day.

I'll have more to tell at our next club meeting.
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

American Cichlid Convention 2012 report Empty Re: American Cichlid Convention 2012 report

Post by Fern Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:46 pm

I wish I had been able to go, sounds like yall had fun!
    reefkpr
    reefkpr

American Cichlid Convention 2012 report Empty Re: American Cichlid Convention 2012 report

Post by reefkpr Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:24 pm

Glad your trip was enjoyable. Hope you got some good info to share with the group.
    zeketaz
    zeketaz

Post by zeketaz Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:11 pm

Congratz on the wins. Sounds like it was a blast.
    joefish72

Post by joefish72 Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:16 pm

Here are the Awards winners from the three Florida Clubs:

AFA Represented by Joe (Joefish72) Verdino and Vladislav (Ladia) Jerabek

Class 2. Herichthys, Thorichthys & Similar 3rd place ExCishlasoma Sagici now known as ExCishlasoma Sajica entered by Vladislav Jerabek

Class 4A 3-dimensional art, 1st place Apistagrama Charactoidees etching entered by Joe Verdino

Class 20 Hemichromines, Lamprologines and similar 1st place Hemichromis Liffali entered by Vladislav Jerabek

GCAS Represented by Chuck Davis and Daniel Bates

Class 3A Frameable art and t-shirt designs, 3rd place Painted Luggage entered by Chuck Davis

Class 4B Old World Cichlids, 1st place OB Peacock entered by Daniel Bates

Class 11. All Other South America 2nd place Astronotus Ocellatus entered by Daniel Bates

TBAS Represented by Mike Lobello

Class 2B Angelfish (genus Pterophyllum )3rd place Koi entered by Michael Lobello

Class 3B New World Cichlids (other than discus and angelfish) 3rd place convict anatitilania entered by Michael Lobello

Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:48 pm

Very cool!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:14 pm