Fish Addicts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fish Addicts

A great place to talk fish all day long! Be it fresh water or salt water all are welcome here!

Welcome to our watery home, Thanks for joining

4 posters

pic of my 2nd best bristlenose and my tank after thinning

pic of my 2nd best bristlenose and my tank after thinning Empty pic of my 2nd best bristlenose and my tank after thinning

Post by Guest Fri May 25, 2012 10:14 pm

Here's a pic of my 2nd best bristle nose, still love him though! My best is a long-finned brown one with even longer bristle if you can believe it! The two of them live together in my 29g (pictured) with no problems. I have a 3rd abn in my turtle tank, also male :,( My mom just got a tiny baby bristlenose for her turtle tank and I am sooooooo hoping it turns out to be a female!! And this is my 29 after I thinned out the live plants. They were overtaking the tank and the poor little fishies had no room to swim : ( It'll look a bettier once it fills in a bit!

pic of my 2nd best bristlenose and my tank after thinning Image-2

pic of my 2nd best bristlenose and my tank after thinning Image-1
    chrisb01
    chrisb01

pic of my 2nd best bristlenose and my tank after thinning Empty Re: pic of my 2nd best bristlenose and my tank after thinning

Post by chrisb01 Sat May 26, 2012 12:31 am

Wow, beautiful fish. I swear I've got his twin right here, but in a 30 gal. Only difference is, mine his bristles branch out at the tips. But the scaly body and all. I like it, the best of luck with him.

Wait is that a Blue Eyed one?

pic of my 2nd best bristlenose and my tank after thinning Empty Re: pic of my 2nd best bristlenose and my tank after thinning

Post by Guest Sat May 26, 2012 12:02 pm

Nope not a blue eye. I don't think those were "around" when I got him that I know of (at least not in MI where I lived.) My brown one's bristles branch a the tips too! So cool.

Funny, when I moved I found homes for all of my other fish, but I could not bring myself to part with my bristlenoses. So they and a few guppies from my turtle tank traveled for 3 days in this bucket! All survived!! There was A LOT of pleco poo in there when I finally opened the bucket but I'm thinking the bamboo helped to keep the water decent? Who knows?

pic of my 2nd best bristlenose and my tank after thinning PICT0009
    chrisb01
    chrisb01

Post by chrisb01 Sat May 26, 2012 5:04 pm

Great story to hear. Yes, I think the Chinese Bamboo had something to do with it.

Believe it or not, I've had Guppies since I was 5 years old. I'm an old an man now, 56. I used to get the wild ones from creeks and streams in Puerto Rico when I was just a kid.

BNs have that effect also, once you've had them, you'll always have them.

Hey, have you caught any turtles in the lakes here in Florida? We have a few different kinds, including Red Eared Sliders.

Post by Guest Sat May 26, 2012 6:53 pm

Nope, never caught a wild turtle. I have 2 map turtles though, a 09' Cagle's Map and an12' Mississippi Map. Do you come to our meetings? I'm newish to FL, not to sure how far Lakeland is...
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Sat May 26, 2012 7:30 pm

Very nice!

Post by Guest Sat May 26, 2012 7:32 pm

chrisb01
    chrisb01

Post by chrisb01 Sat May 26, 2012 8:56 pm

Lakeland is a few hrs. away. I go to the TBAS (Tampa Bay Aquarium Society)meetings. But only a few times a year, due to the distance.

I think that's how your club got started. The distance from Ft. Meyers to Tampa is pretty far. So they started their own club. And a nice club it is. You have some very knowledgeable members.

One of these days I will come to one of your meetings. I want to meet some people who I consider friends, but have never met personally.

Try to get with Joe (joefish72), on one of his collecting trips, you can probably get some Turtles as well as some cool native fish.
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Sun May 27, 2012 11:21 am

This is an early pic of my old stud, He knew he was pretty and posed like that all the time!
    pic of my 2nd best bristlenose and my tank after thinning DSCN3791
    Later on when he got more bristles
    pic of my 2nd best bristlenose and my tank after thinning DSCN5805
    pic of my 2nd best bristlenose and my tank after thinning DSCN5810

Yours still has way more bristles!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Guest Sun May 27, 2012 11:42 am

That's a lot like what my long finned brown one looks like!!! I want a female to breed him with but not right away, I need a place for a bjillion babies first :p
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Sun May 27, 2012 11:57 am

Oh they do breed fast! My dads just started and the little ones were just starting to leave the cave when the other female dropped her eggs in there Razz
    chrisb01
    chrisb01

Post by chrisb01 Sun May 27, 2012 5:00 pm

That is one handsome guy there, Fern.

I love it when they stand with open fins like that, you caught that pic. just on time.
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Sun May 27, 2012 7:29 pm

That male knew he was pretty! He would just sit all fluffed up like that like a strutting rooster he was a hoot!!!
    Kinda wish I still had him.....
    Squirrelletta

Post by Squirrelletta Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:40 pm

Wow...I had a bristle nose WAY back in my day. Smile Now I want another one! They are all beutiful you guys!!
    joefish72

Post by joefish72 Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:16 pm

Even I keep a LF albino bristle, no idea why I like them so much, but like someone else said once you get one you always have them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:37 am