Fish Addicts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fish Addicts

A great place to talk fish all day long! Be it fresh water or salt water all are welcome here!

Welcome to our watery home, Thanks for joining

2 posters

coral ??

has no life
    has no life

coral ??  Empty coral ??

Post by has no life Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:55 pm

how are these corals too take care of
    Star Polyp coral
    dendro
    Acan
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

coral ??  Empty Re: coral ??

Post by Fern Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:26 pm

I wont even mess with acans yet..... I tried one and almost killed it, I gave it to a buddy before I really killed it.
    dendro's are spot feed daily and finicky from what I have heard.

Star polyps grow well in my 125g angel tank, I really dont test that tank much or buffer much, but they grow! Old bulbs on it too!

list of stuff that are 'beginner' corals; green star polyp, mushrooms, kenyi tree, zoanthids, palythoas, xinia.... and leathers to an extent, the tricky thing with leathers is they will wage chemical warfare in tanks and they have to be in just the right spot or they will wax over frequently.

Ones that I have found to be hardy that aren't on the standard list; clove polyps, encrusting gorgonian. Fire lamellosa is a good chalice to start with if you keep the levels right, it just has long fighting testicles. Baby blue chalice is another though I haven't tried it yet. Favias are pretty forgiving too, I got mine early on and its still alive and has grown quite a bit!

Hopefully that helps!
    has no life
    has no life

Post by has no life Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:36 pm

yeah stuff was cheap but i dont want too deal with it ,there was lion fish with it too an i really dont want deal with that

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:15 pm