Fish Addicts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fish Addicts

A great place to talk fish all day long! Be it fresh water or salt water all are welcome here!

Welcome to our watery home, Thanks for joining

4 posters

Rats...

williemcd
    williemcd

Rats...  Empty Rats...

Post by williemcd Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:17 am

Yea... my wife is now convinced I've gone off the deep end. In a weak moment I agreed to adopt two rats... Two females as I'm told.. I've not gotten into a closer inspection to prove that.. But.. they are cute as buttons!.. At night when they think it's time to go to sleep, they cuddle up together. During the daytime, they like to wrestle with each other but both enjoy their special time laying in "pop's" lap being stroked. It's not been more than 10 days but they now like being handled by this old codger.. At first they thought my fingers were snack food but now reconize when I've a treat...
    Sorry for the political connotations but they are named Jo and Bo... Bo is the white/buff colored one.. Rats...  Dscn2431
    Bill in Va.
    zeketaz
    zeketaz

Rats...  Empty Re: Rats...

Post by zeketaz Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:15 am

Rats do bite if they smell food on your fingers. Don't feed them any meat it makes them mean or something I forget. They love toilet/paper towel rolls (just the cardboard part) Don't use cedar wood chips on them will cause severe respiratory problems and possible death, that goes for all critters. Pine is cheap and good for them.

Not sure what you're feeding them, but they like carrots and dog food, cat food, heck just about anything.

Sorry for the essay I used to breed and raise them. If they really like you and know their name you can put them on the floor and call them and they will follow you. I once had my favorite rat get loose outside for a couple days and I saw him and called his name and he came running to me.

Rats are so cute to. Glad you rescued them Smile
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:44 pm

Too cool! Eventually I am getting my kids some rats.
    crw.npt
    crw.npt

Post by crw.npt Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:50 pm

They are fantastic pets. My wife and I had some for a while before we got married. Every once in a while I kinda miss the furry buggers.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:58 am