Fish Addicts

A great place to talk fish all day long! Be it fresh water or salt water all are welcome here!

Welcome to our watery home, Thanks for joining

Hey everybody, what have I missed so far?

sik-lid

Hey everybody, what have I missed so far?

Post by sik-lid on Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:24 am

I got into keeping fish years ago when I was in my 20's and a move across the states forced me to sale off everything. My father kept Africans when I was a kid but truthfully that really doesn't mean crud because I have not had any fish up until about 2 weeks ago when I got a 240 gallon tank from one of the members here on this forum. I love the hobby and like everything else I have ever done I went at it with enthusiasm. Now I have 4 tanks a 240, 55,40 and a hospital tank. I keep pseudos, peacocks, frontosas, jewels, red fins, crabs, crayfish and plenty of feeders lol. I am a scuba diver and once I get my saltwater tank set up I want to find some fish here in these local waters to keep. I kept a large mouth bass for almost 3 years way back when and when I released him back into the wild I did it in an abandoned rock quarry in Tennessee. I suited up with scuba and got in, with the bass and he followed me all over the place it was so cool. Connection? I don't know for sure but it would seem so wouldn't you think. I went back a year later and he was still there. He didn't follow me around but he didn't swim away from me either. Anyway got any questions just ask... Suspect
    When I got the wet dry sump:
    [img][/img]
    After I put it all together and had a bio field established:
    [img][/img]
    I am using LED lighting inside the 240 and it absolutely cuts my electric bill by almost a 1/3. What's more is I have 256 colors at my disposal.
    zeketaz

Re: Hey everybody, what have I missed so far?

Post by zeketaz on Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:23 am

Welcome to the forum Smile Nice tank
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern on Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:13 am

Oh very nice! I am just really getting into salt, I would love to go with you to some neat salt spot sometime, cant scuba though Embarassed
    FishVixen
    Modorater

Post by FishVixen on Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:43 am

Wow great set ups. You fit right into the "addict " part. LOL.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:05 am