Fish Addicts

A great place to talk fish all day long! Be it fresh water or salt water all are welcome here!

Welcome to our watery home, Thanks for joining

Green Carpet Anenome

Airborne

Green Carpet Anenome

Post by Airborne on Thu May 26, 2011 4:09 pm

Today i am getting my new addition to the tank as long as everything checks out at the store i plan on getting a very difficult anemone to see how it does...im hoping my clownfish host it without it killing it if anyone has some personnal insight on the carpet anemone please let me know thanks....
    Fern
    Admin

Re: Green Carpet Anenome

Post by Fern on Thu May 26, 2011 6:23 pm

I have heard of a few clowns killing the carpet anemones, one of the smaller bubble tips would do your clown nicely, target feed it a few times where you put it and they tend to stay put a little better.
    Disclaimer; most of my salt knowledge I have picked up working at the lfs or reading on line, I have never done salt myself.
    Airborne

Post by Airborne on Thu May 26, 2011 7:49 pm

i put him in there and so far he is doing well no gaping of the mouth or signs of stress so he is aclimating really well although my other fish especially my powder blue need to learn to stay away from him so he dont sting them but at this point no success in the hostin but i know it takes a while and i will target feed him some krill and shrimp and possibly ruby reds

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:50 pm