Fish Addicts

A great place to talk fish all day long! Be it fresh water or salt water all are welcome here!

Welcome to our watery home, Thanks for joining

House Cleaning

Fern
    Admin

House Cleaning

Post by Fern on Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:28 pm

This forum has taken a turn in a direction I had not intended it to. It is supposed to be a completely free Place to Talk about ALL things fish related. My intention was to have a fun local forum for freshwater and saltwater people alike. The only other local forum is SWFMAS and they charge for membership and they are ONLY salt.
    The forum will no longer collect any money from auctions, all money collected so far will be given to me so that I can get bumper stickers made for those who want them, they will be free, first come first serve.
    The forum has no need for any money, it is on a FREE hosting site!
    We also have no need for a board of directors, If you would like to volunteer for something let me know and I shall add it under your username and make a special group for the volunteers. The only volunteer position we need at the moment is a meeting coordinator, Joefish72 has been doing a great job of that so far, Please let me know if you would like to continue in that capacity.
    If the meeting place is not Free then we will move the meetings to Centennial Park Downtown Ft Myers. There are plenty of picnic tables to accommodate us all along with plenty of parking and restrooms.
    I will also start removing the inactive members.
    I will also be changing quite a few things on the forum including moderators and administrators. No point in having a mod or admin who isn't active on the forum. For now everyone will become users till I decide who to make what.

Thank you for reading,
    Fern

Last edited by Fern on Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

I think I need a bigger tank........ bounce
    Fern
    Admin

Re: House Cleaning

Post by Fern on Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:47 pm

Well sounds like Joefish72 will no longer be with us. Any previously scheduled meeting will be canceled till we have a meeting coordinator. Due to his wishes.

joefish72

Post by joefish72 on Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:38 pm

I'm still here.
    You are confusing the forum with the club.
    The "association of fish addicts club" is a seperate entity from the "fish addicts forum". We do not raise funds for the forum, we raise funds for the club.
    The club is governed by a board of directors, not a single person. The club will have it's regular scheduled meeting and all club activites will continue.
    You govern the fish addicts forum and, as per your request, the board of directors has agreed to change the club name. I would appreciate your cooperation during the next week while we change over our format.
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern on Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:27 pm

The meetings were always based off the forum, you can go off and do your own thing, that is fine with me. Association of fish addicts and AFA are my names made on my forum. Go make your own meetings somewhere else please. We will go back to the fun free meetings like they used to be.
    You were raising money in the forums name and all I ever saw it spent on is business cards. Go ahead and keep whatever money you have raised in my forums name and have fun with it. Buy yourself something pretty.
    You are more than welcome to stay on the forum if you like. But per your request you can still do 'your' meetings but they will not be on 'my' forum. The forum shall have its own meetings like intended, and they shall be free as intended with no money being collected towards the 'forum' as the forum needs no money what so ever.

Seems I just waited too long to put things back into order the way they should be. I do apologize if it has caused any bad blood, It is not intended that way.

williemcd

Post by williemcd on Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:16 pm

When did the free forum evolve into a profit venture? Bill in Va
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern on Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:23 pm

Thats what made me put my foot down....

has no life

Post by has no life on Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:27 pm

I would like to remain part part of the forum plez don't remove me thank you
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern on Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:55 pm

The only people I have removed were people that hadn't been on in 50 days with 0 posts. Sent out a mass email to the people with posts who hadn't been on in over 50 days, either they get back on or they dont.

No active users are going anywhere unless they choose to leave or something. Very Happy

joefish72

Post by joefish72 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:56 pm

williemcd wrote:When did the free forum evolve into a profit venture? Bill in Va

The forum didn't evolve it is exactly the same. Members of this forum started a fish club and the fish club evolved. The fish club needed a few things and we wanted to keep it a free membership club. The only way to keep it free was to raise some money. Nobody, at any time, is required to pay for anything, so the club is free. We have free membership, free meetings, free presentations. Members are allowed to brig items or fish to the meetings to auction off and they get 70% and the club gets 30%. Since most items sell for about $5 the club isn't getting rich. In a year we made just over $100 and that was to pay for business cards. We had some money left over and used it to buy the tank combo that was the prize for the kids coloring contest.
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern on Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:30 pm

The meetings were always part of the forum......

joefish72

Post by joefish72 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:06 pm

This whole thing happened as a total surprise and there is no sense trying to hash it out after the fact. I see I've been removed as and administrator and also blocked from using the messaging feature of this forum so there isn't much reason for me to continue to participate. I wish you all the best and anyone on here knows how to find me.
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern on Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:56 pm

Everyone was demoted as I said in the first post along with the reason.
    After that phone call is when I disabled you messaging, say it in the open not behind my back.

williemcd

Post by williemcd on Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:42 pm

Oooooo...Sounds like someone got nasty on the phone!... Bad dog, bad dog...
    williemcd

Post by williemcd on Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:43 pm

So Jill, when is the next FORUM meeting going to occur. Give me enough lead time so that I can make the drive!
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern on Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:15 pm

I have a post up with a poll on it! Go put in your input on what day is best for you! Once we have a pretty clear preference I will set up a casual meeting probably a potluck with a mini auction if yall want to play with an auction, the seller picks the starting bid and 100% of the money goes to the seller. It will be at centennial park, a truly central location for everyone.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:06 am