Fish Addicts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fish Addicts

A great place to talk fish all day long! Be it fresh water or salt water all are welcome here!

Welcome to our watery home, Thanks for joining

4 posters

Convict Cichlids 2 for a 1.00 sold

has no life
    has no life

Convict Cichlids 2 for a 1.00 sold  Empty Convict Cichlids 2 for a 1.00 sold

Post by has no life Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:31 pm

Convict Cichlids 2 for a 1.00 there 1 too 2 inch
    call 239 671 7709

Last edited by has no life on Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total
    joefish72

Convict Cichlids 2 for a 1.00 sold  Empty Re: Convict Cichlids 2 for a 1.00 sold

Post by joefish72 Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:42 pm

Comment removed, all fish are welcome here - Fern

has no life
    has no life

Convict Cichlids 2 for a 1.00 sold  Empty Re: Convict Cichlids 2 for a 1.00 sold

Post by has no life Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:15 pm

i sell them on crigs list all the time .
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:25 pm

They would be great for a low maintenance pond! No raccoon hauling off your $100 koi lol And you would always have a new generation!
    has no life
    has no life

Post by has no life Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:37 am

sold
    rcbows
    rcbows

Post by rcbows Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:26 am

I like most Newbies, bought Convict Cichlids as they are said to be excellent breeders, and they are. If you keep the sexes together they will inevitably pare up and breed. I was trying to have my first spawn of babies and learn how to breed egg laying fish and also care for them. I had great success and learned a lot. I recommend them to any newbie that wants to breed and learn about cichlids. The only problem is they are everywhere, but are they! There was a time that my male killed my first female and I needed some females, but none were to be found anywhere. I eventually found some and bred them which is part of the basis of my stock. I have Reg. Convicts and Pink Convicts. There are also some that are considered Calico I think. I have some really beautiful fry, some just coming into maturity, they are in full color . The males have full dress plumage I call it, and even have a small bump (nucral crest), which I didn't think they got until they were older.

I have so many babies that I use them for live food and dither fish for my Jack Dempsey's, Texas Cichlids, Salvini Cichlids and My Green Terrors have to have something to be aggressive with in order to spawn, and I use them to battle the troops! They are very aggressive when breeding, so I keep the males and females separate in 20 longs. Putting them in anything more is a waste, cause they don't use much of the top part of the tank, only when escaping capture or when fighting with others.

I haven't tried selling them yet, although I have donated some to my LFS. If anyone is interested I have some available for sale. The only problem is I live in Zephyrhills, FL, which is a ways away from most of you guys. If you are interested let me know (rcbows@gmail.com) and I will see what I can do about shipping. I haven't really done it yet, I am only in my second year of raising fish. I supose I got to start sometime. I have 40 tanks mostly Molly's but also lots of different stuff. Drop me a line. Later Ron
    Fern
    Fern
    Admin

Post by Fern Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:19 pm

Yes they are an excellent fish to learn about substrate spawning cichlids!!!! They are very good dithers for the big bad boys like you said.

I can walk you through shipping, once you know how then you do a test run for free to someone with some cheap fish to see if you got it right, thats how I did it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:17 pm